Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older version of xCode?

On the Mac app store, xCode is for versions 10.7 or later. I have 10.6.8 Is there a way to get an older version of xCode? or maybe update my computer?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

Dec 5, 2011 10:06 AM in response to hannifromeureka

Lion costs money. Joining the Individual Developer Program costs money...

If you have Snow Leopard install DVDs, there should be an older version of developer tools on one of them.

All this requires money (computer, electricity, internet access, software, a desk, devices for testing), so I don't know where the conversation is headed other than you don't have it.

I can appreciate anyone on a budget, but there are no shortcuts around needing to make the required committments. No one here can help you take those steps but you.

Dec 5, 2011 10:16 AM in response to K T

You have completely misunderstood me! I can buy the products that I need. I do not want to get involved in a developer program though, as I stated in my last post that I wouldn't do it for free. I did not know which things to buy to update my computer, which is why I asked on this forum. I do have these things (computer, electricity, internet access, software, a desk, devices for testing). If you are annoyed with my question, then you are not required to answer. I do not mean to sound rude, but I was only asking a question, so a simple answer was all I needed.

Other than that, I do thank you for your answering my question and informing me that I would need to update to Lion.

Older version of xCode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.