Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How well does Rewire work in Logic Pro 7.2?

Has anybody who got 7.2 tried Rewire? What do you think of it? Any visible improvement?

Posted on Feb 8, 2006 7:44 AM

28 replies

Feb 8, 2006 8:48 AM in response to _ j ___

probably thats gonna be a no no as well

this was not a bug fix

it was more loops for the GARAGEBAND users, and an intel base LOGIC

not necessary a bug fix

i swore to god, i have a feeling after this update (7.2) apple is gonna make another update saying they have fix the real problems and we have to pay for it again

then you'll get some idiots from this forum who tell us not to blame apple but to wait and buy and try to see if the problem is still there 😟

get a hint "LOGIC 7" was cool but useless, also 7.0.1 which was useless because it was for free and didn't really fix much bugs

then 7.1 which fix a few bugs but not the most important ones and it also introduced more bugs and they added more loops just to make us happy

now there is 7.2 .GOD!!
again the most important problems haven't been fix

I bet you, you'll get some appleASS licking user who is gonna tell us not to worry and wait for the next update and hope they fix it

why won't they just listen to our problem so they know how it is in the real world

you testing logic on a clean INTEL mac doesn't mean thats how it is all around

hopeless!!!!

Feb 8, 2006 2:20 PM in response to swanusa

I just got Logic 7.2 today.

Concerning new stereo rewire objects, it appears that only rewire outputs 1 and 2 from Reason are available as stereo. It's the only choice available for Reason under the CoreAudio "Channel" Stereo Rewire menu. The rest of Reason's rewire outputs only show up as mono rewire channels.

Different story with Live in 7.2, which shows 32 stereo rewire output busses available.

I have the latest version of Reason 3.0.4.

Maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone else confirm?

G5 Dual 2.5 Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Feb 12, 2006 10:26 AM in response to clockwork

Well apple should clearly state whats true and whats not instead of selling lies or confusing product all the time

Improved Rewire support
Logic Pro 7.2 provides support for stereo Rewire objects — and now clearly labels the incoming Rewire streams to reflect the source application. In addition, you can create Rewire objects directly from the Create Multiple option in the Arrange window.

why give more details

clearly until you said this, i thought logic now can see 3-4 as stereo just like having line in from any source or using the AUX to receive outputs from multi channel sampler

Feb 12, 2006 1:48 PM in response to _ j ___

i don 't have any problems with Reason 3.04 and Logic 7.2
The problem with the cycle-loop had been fixed!

Changing the cycle length from reason corespounds into logic..same from logic!they always are in synch on loop on-off!The old days i remember that reason cannot loop corectly after a few loops>>
The only "problem" i have is that changing the tempo on the fly from logic..reason remembers the old(cycle length_tempo)and is missing some bars!hitting stop and start everything is fine then!

Logic 7.2 works fine here...some problems with automation
Ps..i dont use score at all..

Feb 12, 2006 6:58 PM in response to hankyo

hankyo,

I'm glad LP7 & Rewire are to be working properly for you. I have had trouble with this issue ever since I bought the upgrade. That was about 2 years ago. I can assure you that the problem still exists on my machine. A little trick that seems to help (sometimes) is to move the song start position forward a few bars. I don't remember having this problem in the "old days" you spoke of. That is because I was using Logic Pro 6

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5 Mac OS X (10.4.4)

How well does Rewire work in Logic Pro 7.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.