Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Apple Boot Animation?

I have an earlt 2011 13-inch Macbook Pro running OS X Lion. I have been running Lion since it first came out first on an external hard drive, then on my main HD, with both upgrade and clean installs done. I have also clean installed Lion on our 2008 24-inch iMac. I noticed today in some Lion booting videos on YouTube that at the end of the boot process, the apple logo slides up into place and the rest of the login window fades in. I have never seen this animation on either my MBP or my iMac and think that it may have something to do with a higher level graphics card being required, although the iMac's is dedicated. I have a question... Can somebody with a 15/17 inch MBP and someone with a MBA respond with whether they have this animation at boot?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 7:29 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2012 11:46 AM in response to Hydromea

I had this issue as well (see my support thread below) both on my 2009 27" iMac and brand new retina MBP. Nothing could fix the issue (including clean reinstalls of Lion). I just installed the Mountain Lion GM on both computers and they now both run the startup animations perfectly. Hope yours will be cured as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3320976

Lion Apple Boot Animation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.