Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Match Cloud Symbols

Can anybody point me in the right direction to explain what the various cloud symbols mean?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 8:47 AM

Here:iCloud Symbols

26 replies

Dec 19, 2011 8:50 AM in response to seahorsespanner

The cloud with the dotted line means these are waiting to be uploaded. The cloud with the slash through it means the song is ineligible. the cloud with the x in the middle means that the song had an error.(right click and readd to icloud.) the ineligible songs cannot have a bitrate lower than 96 or be purchased by another person that is not authorized on your computer.

Here are a list from apple

User uploaded file IneligibleThis icon is displayed next to items that are not eligible to be uploaded to iCloud via iTunes Match. Some examples are songs that are larger than 200MB or songs encoded at 96 Kbps or less.
User uploaded fileRemovedThis icon is displayed when a song has been removed from iCloud (from a different computer). Songs deleted from iCloud are immediately deleted from associated iOS devices, but will remain on other associated computers until they are manually deleted.
User uploaded fileErrorThis icon may be displayed if the song file is corrupt or if there was an error uploading the song. Try updating iTunes Match (Store > Update iTunes Match) to resolve this. If updating does not resolve the issue, try importing a new copy of the song into your iTunes library.
User uploaded fileDuplicateThis icon is displayed when a duplicate version of this song exists in your iTunes library on your computer. This icon will be displayed next to duplicates that were not uploaded to iCloud.
User uploaded fileWaitingThis icon is displayed when a song is in the process of being matched, but has not yet been processed.

Feb 13, 2012 8:33 AM in response to markfrommilnthorpe

I periodically get stuck on the icon Denny provided a screen shot of. I left it running over the weekend and it was still going when I came back.

It's possible simply turning iTunes Match off and on again in the "Store" menu will fix it, but both times it's happened to me I've done the following steps:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. In Finder, go to: ~/Library/Preferences
  3. Throw away: com.apple.iTunes.plist and com.apple.iTunes.plist.lockfile
  4. Open iTunes again and choose "Sign In" from the "Store" menu.
  5. Once signed in, choose "Turn On iTunes Match" from the same menu.

Good luck!

ITunes Match Cloud Symbols

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.