Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to imap.mail.me.com from outlook 2007

After configuring my new icloud account on outlook, I get the following error: Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The connection to the server failed. The connection to imap.smtp.me.com works fine, so I am at a loss as to why the incoming mail server does not since they share the same username and password. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 10:26 PM

3 replies

Jan 8, 2012 7:31 PM in response to Calzonzin

I have having the same error message. The test outlook 2007 email from my @me.com account is sent out properly from PC (outlook) to my iphone 4s, but nothing shows up in my outlook inbox. I can also send an email from another account to my @me.com email and it comes to my iphone but does not come to outlook. I can send emails (SMTP) from outlook @me.com accout to other email accounts, but just the receiving of email (IMAP) seems to be the problem. Account is setup so that outgoing SMTP server requires authentication and uses the same settings as incoming mail server. SPA is not required for logon as directed.

I set up outlook IMAP to work with outlook 2007 exactly as apple described, although the directions are WEAK and the screenshots not even legible for the setup. Don't make it harder then it is already Apple.

Specifically the error I'm getting is "Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folder for xxxx@me.com.' reported error (0x800CC0E): 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folder for xxxx@me.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server admin or ISP.'

any help would be appreciated...

Rick

Oct 17, 2012 5:54 AM in response to Calzonzin

been frustrated by this for 6 months and just discovered that changing your apple ID passowrd to a "strong" or "green" rated one (not just the minimum requirements they state) enables the system again... might be some sort of apple security issue but once you change it an re-enter the strong password when prompted in outlook then it works wine 🙂

cannot connect to imap.mail.me.com from outlook 2007

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.