Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find Ichat Mac OS X 10.3

My Ichat wont work so how do I delete the old one off of my computer and then where can I find this version of ichat to restore Ichat?

Will this work?

Is there a better way for my ichat to be restored?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 7:29 PM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2012 12:00 PM in response to NCDSJENN

Hi,

Before reading On, your Specs say MacBook Pro.

I had one of the first ones and it came installed with Tiger (10.4.5 to be precise) which means it cannot run OS 10.3 (Panther). Are we talking about another computer ?

OS 10.3.x did come with iChat 2 Installed.

That means it is on the OS Install Disk.

You then need Pacifist (An App that can read Apple Install Disk Packages) and this set of Instructions by Ryan M.

You may need to search for the iChat 2.1 Update as well. (This update was not in the OS updates like the later version of iChat are updated)

This may be a standalone Download (The Specs don't say you need iChat 2.0)

http://support.apple.com/downloads/iChat_AV_2_1

User uploaded file
8:00 PM Sunday; January 15, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Where can I find Ichat Mac OS X 10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.