Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

motorola SLVR

I've just got a new Motorola SLVR and I want to get the thing to work with itunes. Does anybody know how I'd go about that? I don't think it comes with the itunes software but is it possible to download that?

Emac, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Feb 16, 2006 2:54 AM

22 replies

Feb 17, 2006 7:39 AM in response to Andrew Betts

Not all versions of the Motorola SLVR L7 come with iTunes. If you are not in the U.S. and did not purchase your SLVR through Cingular (the major GSM operator in the U.S.), then most likely your SLVR does not have iTunes. Go to the main menu on the phone; if it does not show an iTunes icon, then your SLVR does not support iTunes.

Mar 7, 2006 7:09 PM in response to Andrew Betts

I did not get my SVLR L7 through Cingular so I don't have iTunes. But can I still use the Bluetooth to sync and transfer files? As of right now, my Powerbook can see the SLVR. I even did the verification thing where the Powerbook sent the 6-digit number to the SLVR. But when I try to send files or sync, it just says "No service found" or something like that.

Mar 14, 2006 4:38 PM in response to designerdv81

To clarify my previous post: I was referring to the iTunes mobile client on the Motorola SLVR L7 phone, which is not included in all versions of the SLVR L7. The SLVR L7 offered by Cingular in the U.S. comes with iTunes, as does the version of the SLVR L7 offered in certain markets outside the U.S., but there are definitely versions of the SLVR L7 available outside of the U.S. that do not come with the iTunes mobile client.

May 20, 2006 10:11 AM in response to toonz

It is possible to upload iTunes mobile client to a SLVR L7 that is not through cingular. You can even hack the iTunes Software to allow up to 1,000 songs. If a thing is called software, then that thing can be hacked....

www.slvrfiles.info

you have to register with the site before you can start downloading the necessary software to make itunes work on your phone. Also, in order to do this, you need to use a Windows based computer, unless you want to spend hours at your computer ripping your hair out using Moto4lin (the apple version of P2K and motomidman.)

You will also have to do a search on google for a program called RSD Lite v2.5 (the program cingular uses to to flash it's phones and install iTunes on the phone.) You will not be able to find it unless you do a search on Google for "Cybermania."

From SLVRFILES you will be able to download a few different versions of iTunes, you can get iTunes in an all black skin, all red skin, and of course the original. If you want, you can even download the software that will hack the 100 song limit and make it to a 1,000 song limit.

have fun pulling your hair out because it's not as simple as it sounds...

May 27, 2006 8:16 PM in response to cash7c3

Hello,

I'm cash7c3 www.slvrFiles.info Administrator. Soon,
for all you mac users, I will be posting a guide for
modding your slvr with a mac. Hope you guys the best
of luck.

Cheers

I just picked up a SLVR. It is the USA version for Cingular so I shouldn't have a problem with iTunes. But, I'd love to get over the 100 song limit. I read somewhere you can go to 1000 limit with a little modding. Love to see a step-by-step process how to do this with the Mac OS. Thanks.

Home: 20" iMac G5 2.1GHz/1.5GB/250GB Mac OS X (10.4.5) Work: MacBook 2.0GHz/2GB/100GB 7200rpm

motorola SLVR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.