Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync iPad with new mac in without old mac

Have moved to another city than my home, left iMac at home (old without intel so no cloud) -- bought new iMac and want to sync my ipad now to the new mac NOT the old. It wants to erase my ipad --- don't want to lose my aps. How do I stop the sync with old mac and switch to new -- won't be back in old house til mid-Feb so want to sync now with new. As iMacs are different version and in different cities I couldn't just write my files from one to another so transferred via external drive my music and photos. Now want to ensure I can sync my iPad. Advice on how I do this without losing all my aps? Thx.

IMAC G5, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 2:58 AM

5 replies

Jan 23, 2012 3:53 PM in response to Dan Toole

Read this discussion and see my posts (Demo) and King Penguin's posts. If you follow the instructions that we discussed you should be fine. There are ways to get all of iPad content into iTunes on the new Mac discussed in this thread.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3305461

Whatever does not apply - just ignore. The only change in terminology for a Mac running iTunes is iTunes>Preferences>Devices - not Edit>Preferences>Devices like on a PC.

May 28, 2012 6:27 AM in response to Dan Toole

I guess when it says, 'sync photo from x' in itunes, and then there's a button that says sync. I would expect that's what it would do. change the UI so you aren't overselling the functionality and setting up expectations that you haven't met.

So, if I DON'T use iPhoto then my photos synch? I don't consider this an advancement.

Lame

sync iPad with new mac in without old mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.