Previous 1 2 3 Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2015 12:53 AM by scrnm
dannym52 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Has anyone else had this issue? I've searched on here but can't see any mention of it.

I have recently uploaded several albums from my pc into iTunes Match and some of the songs were 'matched' and some 'uploaded'. However, when I try to download these songs to my iPhone, only the matched ones download. The uploaded ones give the following error...

This item cannot be downloaded

The item you have requested is not available for download

The status for these songs in itunes on my pc says Uploaded (no errors) and they are all in Apple Lossless format. I am wondering if the Apple servers need to convert them to 256kps format before they are available for download? But these songs were uploaded a couple of days ago and still won't download. I uploaded some other Lossless songs last week and they were available for download on my iphone almost immediately.

Any help most appreciated!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1
  • JiminMissouri Level 2 Level 2 (465 points)

Itunes does modify certain lossless formats - AIFF and WAV - in the background whenever a file in one of those formats is marked for upload.  It is that AAC that gets uploaded, so it's done local on your computer prior to being uploaded. I doubt this is the cause of your problem on the iphone though.

You seem to have the iPhone set properly for downloading from Match, or you wouldn't get the matched songs downloaded.  The easiest way to confirm that is to pick an album where you have a mix of matched and downloaded songs and go to the bottom of the track list on the iPhone and hit "download all"  Watch to see if all the download clouds change to circles and eventually fill in.  If you are still getting that error. I would start by powering down the iPhone, waiting a few minutes before starting it back up, then see if that clears the problem.

Barring that, I'd call Apple support.

• MikeinWg Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same song twice from two greatest hits albums and neither is eligible for download. I checked the iTunes store and both albums and songs are available for purchase so it can't be that they're not available for download despite what the message says.

• Matt Larson2 Level 1 Level 1 (80 points)

I've been haivng this issue too. It seems like it's been happening a lot in the past few weeks. Random songs that I uploaded and successfully matched now "cannot be downloaded" (error 11111).

These are songs that I ripped from my CD collection and have been in iTunes for years as AAC files. Most were below 256k and are now showing up as matched so they are truely "the iTunes Store copy". This error shows up on my phone as well as any computer I log in with my iTunes Match account (on different networks even).

I contacted iTunes Store Support via email and was told they are consulting with the "Senior Adviser" and will contact me when my issue will be resolved, but I'm guessing that won't be anytime soon...

• CVO-SteetGlide Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It is happening to me as well.    Very frustrating.  I am hoping for an answer.

• rhorsman Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yep. happening to me too on a fairly new iPhone 4S, so far only with matched rather than uploaded songs. "Single Again" off the Fiery Furnaces "EP" album being the most recent example. While this song was ripped from a CD in my home library, If I understand how iTunes Match works then my original encoding should not matter at all for matched tracks since my copy was never uploaded in the first place and the one I'm supposedly pulling down is the one Apple sells in the store. Infuriating.

• davenik Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Same thing here. Song was originally downloaded from eMusic. Imported into iTunes. Matched. But when trying to download to my phone I see the "The item you have requested is not available for download" error.

Hopefully a temporary glitch with iTunes Store.

• Russ DCA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This has been happening to me too over the past week or so.

Whether it's 'Matched' or 'Uploaded' tunes, some are simply not downloading. Tested this on my Mac too & I get the Error Code "11111" that's been mentioned,

Perhaps some work going on in the background that we don't know of causing troubles.

Come on Apple, tighten up, apparently 'it just works'. Don't lose grip of this ethos.

• digitalgeist Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just started having the same problem a few days ago.  Turning Match off then on again doesn't seem to help, neither does Update iTunes Match (error 11111).  I can restore from a local backup, but since this is individual songs from a 10,000 song library I can't imagine how long weeding individual problems would take, and whether or not iTunes Match would count the restored songs as new ones.

• Alastair Riddle Level 1 Level 1 (50 points)

I too am having this error.

I have found that deleting the individual file from my computer (and ticking the box to delete from icloud also), then readding that file to itunes (and readding to icloud), will allow that track to be synced to my iphone again.

However this is happeening to many songs randomly distrubuted throughout my library.

Is apple doing anything to fix this?

• panchoavila Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This error is driving me crazy (11111).

I prefer to listen online music to keep my HDD clean and fast, but now my entire library is missing.

• sendit2kevin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Love that Apple TV just randomly hangs with an error message when it gets to one of these songs.  Making playing music on Apple TV useless!

• John Cotterill Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)

I am having this problem also on my iPhone and AppleTV2.  I first noticed the problem about a week ago.  Prior to that, all my songs were playing fine.

• jdevitajr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

So aggravated about this. Just started to notice this. I have a 9,000+ song library that is very precisely organized. At first if one song wasn't available for download I was deleting the whole album and then buying it from iTunes but there is no way I am going to do this for every missing song. I'll go broke. I have a macbook, an ipad, a iphone 4s, and apple tv so I like to stream my music instead of saving it all the HDD. NOW WHAT? Hope this is a glitch and not a ploy to get us to buy more songs. I've already spent a small fortune in the itunes store between movies, music, apps, and books. If I ever gave up iOS devices, i'm screwed!

• piyokos Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a large library which I uploaded to iTunes Match, then I deleted the local files and I play everything streaming from Match (using my MacBook and iPhone). This worked well for a while until I noticed that iTunes (both on the Mac and iPhone) would silently skip some random songs for some reason. When I try to download those tracks I get the Error 11111 message. I realized that iTunes Match was rendering random individual songs unplayable one by one, slowly eating away at my library! Completely unnacceptable. 

Previous 1 2 3 Next