Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maximum failed passcode attempts in restrictions - what happens?

Out of curiosity, what happens if I enter my restrictions passcode incorrectly too many times?

(Not the passcode lock, the restrictions passcode.)

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 6:44 PM

44 replies

Feb 28, 2016 7:56 AM in response to Kate1583

Yes, my iphone 6 is doing the same thing, it does NOT seem to wipe any data off, it jujst keeps on adding more and more time to the attempt tries. I plan on emailing /calling apple and ask if its a bug in the system or just our devices.

I would appreciate any other comments from others that may know why my iphone 6 does NOT wipe all data after 10 attempts. Yes the erase data feature is on.

Aug 23, 2012 9:49 PM in response to ffiti

*WARNING*

For those about to consider thinking wiping your data, consider it a clever option to think again.

*Once you wipe it, you can never find your iPod / iPad / Mac on iCloud, you cannot send it messages, you cannot lock it, or locate it.

Apple forgets to let the consumer know that if your Product is lost / stolen, and you wipe it - it is basically gone forever unless someone / somehow returns it to you, without having your info.

You'll end up having to purchase a new one.

May 20, 2013 1:23 PM in response to Dah•veed

Hi there,

I am being asked the restrition passcode when I try to 'Erase All Content and Settings'.

If I exceed the limit, do I need to restore the phone by using iTunes? If that's the case, it will force me to the latest iOS version. However, I want to keep my current iOS version while resetting everything.

Thanks for the attention!

Maximum failed passcode attempts in restrictions - what happens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.