Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you write ? and @ in a macbook pro?

hi(: i just got a macbook pro, and im wondering how to write @ and ?, ive been trying to find it out, but i couldnt...! someone knows how? thankyou soo much for your help in advance(:

MacBook

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 7:44 AM

32 replies

Jan 30, 2012 1:43 PM in response to Shootist007

im sorry, but its not like that how you write it in a macbook pro, you have to press shift + G...

i dont think you should have answered this question if you were going to answer like that, i mean, its not like in any other computers, im not that stupid... im sorry for answering this way, but it was also unice from you...

marta

Jan 30, 2012 1:56 PM in response to gluglu

Sorry but not in my world. Shift+G gets me nothing other then a capitol g.

If you are using some other type of keyboard you should of said so in your first post, but you did not.

If you had mentioned that you are not using a standard keyboard or one of another language I would not of replied as I have no idea how other language keyboards are laid out.

< Edited By Host >

Jan 30, 2012 2:24 PM in response to gluglu

Like I said in my last post, not in my world.

I am typing this reply from a wireless HP keyboard connected to a home built Win 7 PC and my 2011 Macbook Pro, bought in December 2011(Built in October 2011), is sitting right next to the keyboard I'm typing on. The @ key and the ? key are in the exact lacation on both keyboards. If I get my newest and oldest Dell notebooks out and look at where the @ & ? keys are they will be in the exact same place as the one on the Mac and this keyboard I'm typing on.

I could get a keyboard I used back in 1993 and those 2 keys would be in the same place.

So you are either using some type of keyboard I have never seen OR

Jan 30, 2012 2:34 PM in response to eww

eww wrote:

Shootist: There are many diferent keyboard layouts in use in different countries of the world. They don't all have the same characters in the same places.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2841

Thanks eww and I am totally aware of that. But since this is a english speaking forum, mainly, for a company based in US of A when I asked it he was using a keyboard of another language he replied No it is standard.

To my knowledge a standard keyboard is just like the one I am typing this on no matter what language you are typing in.

In any event he now knows wher to find those keys so I'm Out Of Here.

Jan 30, 2012 5:26 PM in response to eww

I'm sorry, eww, but IMHO you're being a little unfair to Shootist007.

First, the problem is not his, but the OP's, who posted such a daft question w/o bothering to give us any details, such what MBP, what keyboard, or at least where it was purchased. After all, she's not asking about some esoteric characters, but two characters which are clearly labelled on many, perhaps most, computer keyboards.

Second, yes, of course there are many different keyboard layouts in the world; having learned to use computers on an AZERTY keyboard, I know that as well as anyone else. But if there is anything in this world like a (in the OP's words) 'normal keyboard', then it's a QWERTY keyboard, and that holds true not just in the US, but also in India, China, and many other places.

how do you write ? and @ in a macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.