Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a Soundfont to my Logic Studio instruments folder.

Hello,

I've just tried to add a purchased Soundfont instrument (Celtic Winds Tin Whistle) to Logic Studio. Instructions indicate that i need to add it to the sampler instruments folder (done) and then "chose the Soundfont2 file in the EXS24 mk11 Sampler Instruments pop-up menu. The EXS24 automatically converts the chosen file into an EXS sampler instrument."

Where do I find this EXS24 pop-up menu? I can't find in any of the documentation how you bring this sampler up to get at the pop-up menu. Or is there another way I should be doing this?

And-Does the Soundfont instrument I purchased work in Logic or must it be Soundfont2?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 5:34 PM

6 replies

Jan 31, 2012 9:50 AM in response to boltandjaelith

You should copy the file here:

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments

Then open exs24 and click on the instruments popup menu (green text on black surface, between "unison" and "edit|options" buttons);

If you had it already open choose "refresh menu" from the aforementioned popup menu;

Now you should see the font and be able to select it. when you select it EXS24 will create a folder within that menu with all the patches contained inside the soundfont. They'll be already converted and selectable in the right format.

Not sure about soundfont 1 or 2. I think i always found version2 around.

Remember also you have a builtin plugin to manage with soundfonts called DSLMusicDevice.

You can pick it in the instruments popup menu under "Au Instruments" > "Apple".

In order for this plugin to see soundfonts you need to place them in /Library/Audio/Sounds/Banks folder.

It's very basic but sometimes does a better job with some loops not usually well done.

regards.

Feb 2, 2012 4:50 PM in response to boltandjaelith

Chiccorosso,

Thank you for your patience in helping me with this concern. I imagine this is common knowledge but again have gone thru the documentation for Logic and can't find the answer:

I have done the above-have opened EXS24 on the instruments timeline but cannot find out how to "Open" the instrument itself to bring up the instrument graphic so I can move to the next step. I've tried clicking (left and right) on everything available, searched for dropdown menus. I can't think of anything else to try.

Thank you again for any assistance.

Gary.

Adding a Soundfont to my Logic Studio instruments folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.