Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple-Feed does not show up in Collections as an option

While looking to add Collections to my district iTunes U, I have no option for an "Apple-Feed" RSS. I have attached a screen shot. Ideas?User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 11:31 AM

20 replies

Feb 13, 2012 1:58 PM in response to johagan@fvsd221

I'm in the same boat. I can't publish anything until I get 6 collections available, which is really not a big deal because I don't have content to publish yet anyway, but I don't have an Apple Hosted Feed to select at all.

The instructions tell me to select Apple Hosted Feed, but I can't. Because it's not there. Is this something Apple plans to add to the menu?

Like you guys, I'm stuck.

Feb 13, 2012 2:19 PM in response to johagan@fvsd221

I know! I guess I shouldn't complain too much, but when I FINALLY got the Approval notice I was all pumped up, told like 20 people (colleagues and faculty) and then kept going round and round through the instructions trying to figure out what I was missing.

Oh well. I suppose that Apple is probably inundated with requests from K12 institutions at this point and will get it taken care of (I HOPE!).

Cheers...

Feb 13, 2012 2:26 PM in response to mbayhylle

Greetings All;

Our site in Tennessee has been "live" since 2008, and my experience with Apple's iTunes U Support Team has been great. They do regularly monitor these discussions and I'm confident that they will respond.

I wish all of you much success with your new sites! All the best...

Syd Rodocker

Apple iTunes U Administrator

Tennessee State Department of Education

Tennessee's Electronic Learning Center

Feb 13, 2012 2:36 PM in response to johagan@fvsd221

At this time, Apple provides hosting for courses created by instructors in the new Course Manager tool. Collections in Public Site Manager are still based on RSS feeds.

Apple-hosted collections feeds refers to an earlier version of iTunes U.

We will clarify this in the documentation.

Thanks,

Jason Ediger

Director, Education Content

Apple Inc.

Apple-Feed does not show up in Collections as an option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.