Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quark 8.5.1 toolbar icons disappear in OS 10.7.3. Is there a fix?

Quark 8.5.1 toolbar and pallette icons disappear in OS 10.7.3. Is there a fix? Thanks in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 12:11 PM

19 replies

Feb 6, 2012 6:43 AM in response to sforbes

sforbes wrote:

I am running Quark 9.2 and the disappeared after the OS update for me today too? Somebody please help i work in Quark 10 hours a day

This is just a guess but as a Quark 8 user demoing Quark 9, I'm interested. The original 10.7.3 update had user interface problems which seem to have been fixed when applying the 10.7.3 Combo updater rather than the incremental updater, (there appears to be a newer version of the Combo updater currently posted). Have you tried installing the Combo updater?

I'm still running Snow Leopard so Quark is still running fine and I'm just an onlooker.

Feb 6, 2012 8:39 AM in response to TN1Mac

TN1Mac wrote:

To be honest, I'm not really sure if I did the incremental or combo update previously, so I downloaded the combo and updated again – didn't fix the Quark issue. But thanks for the response, it was worth a shot.

The Quark forum is complaining about the same thing. One posting suggests this solution:

"A friendly user mailed me great workaround. Go to preferences - Extension manager and select open on start. After restart quark the extension manager shows up. Klick on ok and the icons are back."

Not running Lion, so I don't know if that would work. The whole thread is here: http://forums.quark.com/t/27664.aspx?PageIndex=1

Feb 7, 2012 3:21 AM in response to TN1Mac

A massive thanks from me too after discovering the problem when I started work this morning at 2.30am - not something you need that time of day! Did exactly as written and bingo, missing tool icons appeared BUT, and there's always a but...

I have THE SAME problem in Quark with some of the static areas in the measurement (F9) bar. Can anyone suggest what might fix this? I have restarted just ONCE after turning on Extension Manager at start-up.

Hardware:

• Apple Macintosh MacPro 2x2GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
  • RAM: 6Gb (667MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM)
  • HDD's (internal): 1x160Gb / 1x500Gb / 2x1500Gb

Software (OS)

• Problem software: QuarkXPress 8.5

Thanks in advance for any advice / help...

Paul

Quark 8.5.1 toolbar icons disappear in OS 10.7.3. Is there a fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.