Skip navigation

Nuance Dragon PC and/or Mac on Intel Macs???

281 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 9:30 AM by Kappy RSS
mnme Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 6, 2012 10:22 AM

This is from my MacBook Air post at:  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3715657

 Don’t know if  the information from the Nuance rep is actually the case in the real world, or not.  Anyone successfully running Dragon for the Mac and/or PC on a MacBook Air ~ especially the entry level version?  Or a MacBook Pro?  Or a Mac Mini?  Any details and/or advice would be more than appreciated!

• Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (221,015 points)
    Feb 6, 2012 10:26 AM (in response to mnme)

Since Dragon is available for both Windows and OS X, I'm not sure what you are actually asking. Will it work on a new Mac model? Yes, it will. It works quite well on my 2006 Mac Pro and my 2011 13" i5 MacBook Pro.

• Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (221,015 points)
    Feb 7, 2012 9:30 AM (in response to mnme)

I've used Dictate for the Mac on systems with 4 GBs of RAM. In fact I've used earlier products from MacSpeech (before they shifted to Dictate) all of which worked well on even earlier Mac models. I don't think you need worry about whether you have adequate hardware.

I don't use Dictate for personal reasons - not really necessary for me - but I have installed and tested it and all of the MacSpeech speech recognition products from when they were first starting up. They are helpful and reliable people to work with.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.