Skip navigation

Why does iTunes keep showing a -54 error when I sync my iPad?

6279 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 10:43 AM by MacIndia RSS
1 2 Previous Next
enemdee Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 10, 2012 7:52 PM

After failed update  (OSX 10.7.3) I ended up doing a complete reinstall of OSX 10.7.2 and updated  iTunes. Tried to sync iPad but got the error message that it was synced to another computer (it's not) but I guessed this was due to the re-install of the operating system. When first connected I backed up and transferred new purchases. I recovered all the itunes media from the iPad with DiskAid and synced but the following message "...iPad cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred(-54) ." persisted to bounce up until I chose to ignore it and didn't click ok.Stopped bouncing but stayed fixed to the screen and the iPad synced anyway. What do I have to do to make this go away permanantly?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 5.0.1
1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.