Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inbox keeps reloading for some users

I have a few iPhone users whose inbox keeps reloading. They can see their mail, then it disappears and starts loading the mail again. Anyone familiar with this?

We are running exchange 2010, but most users mailboxes are still on 2003.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 6:16 AM

63 replies

Feb 22, 2012 12:53 PM in response to WellsOps

A handful of users within our company are also having issues with their exchange account's mail disappearing and then redownloading from the server. All users are running iOS 5.0.1 usually on an iPhone 4 or 4S. Some users have 4 or 5 email accounts on their phone while some only have one. Some users also have an iPad configured to receive mail while others don't. Users haven't noticed the problem on their iPads.

We're running Exchange 2010 and administer the phones directly through Exchange.

We've attempted to reproduce the problem by losing connection in the middle of a sync and by sending large volumes of mail. However, we've had no luck with reproducing the issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Apr 27, 2012 9:45 AM in response to WellsOps

We are having similar issues with iPhones and iPads. I have one user that has this issue randomly occur on both his iPhone and iPad. We've done a full health check on Exchange, firewall, reverse proxy and everything looks good. We have a few Android users and they are not reporting this issue. We primarily have iOS 5 and with no MDM. The users are not very happy but I don't know what to tell them. 😟

Apr 27, 2012 10:23 AM in response to TLMan

Hi TLMan

Thank you for reporting.

To recap:

- It is iOS related as we do not experience it on Windows Mobile and Andoird Devices

- It happens on MDM and non-MDM Devices. Therefore we can exclude the Systems in the middle of the Device and Exchange.

I disabled push on my devices, so that when it happens to me next time, I am able to see on the Exchange log what passed true to my Device.

I think it happens with some sort of content (Calendar with attachements?) or if to much data changed.

Anyone who can provide feedback is welcome!

nice weekend

Apr 27, 2012 11:48 AM in response to Lutenus

We thought that it might have been related to large changes in the mailbox similar to what you were saying about too much data causing issues. To test this theory we wrote a script that sent hundreds of emails, and then told the iPhone to sync. However, we were unable to reproduce the problem.

We also thought that losing a connection to the network while trying to sync might cause issues. We started a sync then stepped into an elevator that blocks the signal, but the iPhone showed no signs of the issue when the connection dropped in the middle of the sync.

Inbox keeps reloading for some users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.