Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Artwork doesn't sync with music in ipod touch 4th Gen

I updated to iTunes 10.6.0.40 and updated my iPod Touch 4th gen to 5.1 and the album art will not snyc. What's going on?

iPod touch, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 10:35 AM

20 replies

Mar 8, 2012 2:41 PM in response to lostangel78

I think it's intentional! I have exactly the same problem! After the update to ios 5.1 and to the new version of itunes my custom artworks are not synced anymore! This is really bad!!!
It's syncing only the artworks downloaded from the appstore, which have a lower resolution! I think they changed this to improve the response of coverflow in ios5, but I also think they should have provided an automatic conversion of the custom artworks during the sync. Because I'd like to be able to keep my high res artworks in my MAC and view the lowres (and faster) artworks in my ipod touch. :'(

If anyone find a fix (which is not to download artworks from appstore) please let us know!

Mar 8, 2012 3:41 PM in response to lostangel78

I have the same problem, except that the music sync isn't working properly either. Everytime i connect my iPod to iTunes it starts syncing artwork, but stops at about 200 songs, then it tries to sync the music, same thing happens. I tried restoring it from backup, but nothing's changed, somehow the ios 5.1 update really messed up my iPod.. The last two iTunes updates haven't fixed it either.

Maybe someone knows what to do..?

Mar 10, 2012 3:33 AM in response to lostangel78

Ok guys I solved the problem turning on the automatic sync of my music and selecting the albums to synch. Before I was using "manually manage music and videos" option.
So... in other words if you want to solve the problem a possible solution is to enable the option "sync music" in the music tab of your ipod's manager menu and just the select the albums you want to sync in the albums section. This did the trick. 😉

Mar 10, 2012 3:56 AM in response to JohnMoooore

I had a real rough January, but to make things simple without getting into my personal life, I had to do full restore to both my home PC (Virus) and my laptop (my stupidity) in doing so, all of songs I had on my first account (all gone) so I had to do everything all over again (6000+ songs) on to my 64gb iPod Touch and prctically every songs that I purchased after the revoking of protective music, I had to manually add the album art and yet it STILL hasn't synced over to my iPod Touch. I thought I solved this problem, yet I still find myself having to do repair work. Very distressing. I like Automatic syncing but I might have to do this approach of Manually synching my library.

Mar 10, 2012 4:17 AM in response to Chuck AzEee

I am sorry the last thing I said, about the sync working with the option "manually manage music and videos" enabled is not true. I just realized I didn't apply the settings. I suggest to switch to automatic sync selecting the option "Selected playlist, artists, album, and genres". I just found out that I can use drag and drop to add cd to my ipod, even with this mode.

Apr 30, 2012 6:45 PM in response to lostangel78

Okay, for people who have not figured out how to add the album art to there music after the 5.1 software update, listen up.

I went threw the same problem recently and it was really annoying so i decided to restore my ipod back to its original setting from the "Ipod touch" itself, not Itunes. Yes, everything from "settings, music, videos, etc" will be deleted but after everything is restored and your Ipod is back to normal, from itunes add the the songs from your library (with the album art included) and drag it to the Ipod. (make sure the art is on there). That should do the trick. There are probably other ways to do this but if they don't work try this one.

Also make sure to get everything important that youve stored on your ipod before restoring it. Ex

1. Notes on the note app
  2. Transfer music from ipod to itunes (File, Transfer music to itunes)
  3. Anything else that is important to you that you have saved on only your ipod.

Hope this helps..........😀

May 2, 2012 5:41 PM in response to lostangel78

I spoke to a Apple rep about this. I have a huge AAC lossless library and I use the "Compress higher bit rate songs" option. With version 10.6.x, iTunes no longer transfers the artwork when transferring music to the iPod. The rep and his manager confirmed this as an issue, but said that to ensure that it gets fixed, people need to post feedback so....please do so. You can use this link: www.apple.com/feedback (cut and paste)

Oct 12, 2012 1:56 PM in response to JohnMoooore

I tried what JohnMoooore suggested and got a similar experience - artwork only ccomes over if sync is selected.

So I have clicked on sync and clicked on Selected playlists, artists ..., but have not selected any artitsts or playlists. Therefore nothing is synced. However, I can drag and drop music onto the ipod and the artwork comes over.

I am iOS 6.0 on a 4th Gen iPod Touch and iTunes 10.6.3 on a Mac.

Hope this is of help

Artwork doesn't sync with music in ipod touch 4th Gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.