Previous 1 2 Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2015 1:36 AM by Myrakern
Madagascar Level 1 Level 1

Hello guys,

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but - how do I put photos from my MacBookPro (OS X 10.5.8. Leopard) to iPhone 4S ?

How can I transfer files from one to another and back?

Do I need som app? Or is it much simpler to do?

Solved by Allan Sampson on Mar 8, 2012 10:35 AM Solved

Via the iTunes sync/transfer process which is selected under the Photos tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes and covered in the user guide.

Photos in the camera roll can be imported by your computer as with any other digital camera, which can be done with iPhoto or the Image Capture application on a Mac.

Reply by wjosten on Mar 8, 2012 10:35 AM Helpful

All replies

• wjosten Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10

Via the iTunes sync/transfer process which is selected under the Photos tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes and covered in the user guide.

Photos in the camera roll can be imported by your computer as with any other digital camera, which can be done with iPhoto or the Image Capture application on a Mac.

• Madagascar Level 1 Level 1

THANK YOU guys so much for your help.

Cheers,

Paul

• Al of MA Level 1 Level 1

Sadly, this answer is meaningless to a tech challenged troglodite such as myself.  It would be much more helpful to lay the solution out, step by step, instead of erroniously assuming I--or anyone else for that matter--know what all these preferences tabs are all about--which I've been unable to decipher from the users manual or from trying it on my own.  Answers such as these which presuppose nonexistent knowledge are pretty maddening!

Here's to clarity in explanation, and thanks for your help!

Al D.

• roaminggnome Level 10 Level 10

Huh?

Turn on computer.

Open itunes.

Connect iphone.

Loo at your computer screen.

Click the Music tab to select the music you want

Click the Photos tab to select the music you want.

Click Apps tab to select the apps you want

and so on

You simply click the tab, select what you want, sync

• Billsien Level 1 Level 1

I think a program called iPhone Transfer for the Mac might help you with this. I saw it at the MacHeist site and I believe I could see all my photo folders, not just the camera roll one.

• bonyholiday Level 1 Level 1

It will automatically do it when you plug it in, weather you have aperture or iphoto. when i plug my iPhone 4 in it will open aperture for example. If it doesn't do it automatically, go ahead and do it manually from device, iPhone section in iTunes. its like a file layout and on the top it will say photo, apps, music. etc. click photos and sync to iPhoto or aperture.

Read more: How to transfer Photo from Computer to iPhone

• hitmanjsm Level 1 Level 1

Simply Plug in your iphone with the usb cable,Open Messages app. Drag pics from your computer into a new message..Send it to your phone by putting your number in at the top and send.You can save them to camera roll now.Sorta like sending yourself a message from your macbook.

• noclickinganswersonly Level 1 Level 1

my iTunes screen has tabs for Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Radio, Match, and Music.  Open up Music and you have a choice of Music, Movies, TV Show, Home Sharing.

I don't have a Photos tab.  Do I have an older iTunes software?

Any other ways to import photos from iPhone to Mac (because then I need to push them from Mac to wife's new iPhone 4)

thank you. 

where do I obtain a Messages ap?

thank you.

• Sherylsil Level 1 Level 1

Easy mac to iphone photo transfer.

on your mac, e-mail the photo to your iphone-linked email account

on your iphone open the mail app

open the e-mail that has your photo.

tap on photo

tap on save image

the image will go into your iphone's photo app into camera roll.

this worked for me, from macbookpro to iphone 3.

• anujkapur Level 1 Level 1

`Hey Noclick,

Here's the way to do it.

1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the usb cable
    2. Open iTunes application
    3. On the left column, your iphone should show up (just like in the image attached). Click on it so that it is selected.
      Screen Shot 2013-10-06 at 4.47.17 PM.png

Incase the sidebar isnt showing, click on "View" on the top, and then select "Show Sidebar"

4. Once your iPhone is selected, look on the right side of the window on the top. You will see buttons like 'Summary', 'Info', 'Apps', 'Music', and 'Photos'. See attached image. Click on Photos.
      Screen Shot 2013-10-06 at 4.47.31 PM.png

5. Now Click the checkbox next to 'Sync Photos' and you can choose the folder from where you want to transfer the photos.

6. Once your folder is selected, click 'Sync' on the bottom left.

Hope this helps

thank you very much.  i shall try this.  sincerely, noclickinganswersonly 

wow, i appreciate your kindness and patience in providing these very clear instructions.  sincerely, noclickinganswersonly

Previous 1 2 Next