Skip navigation

My iPad 3 shipped, but no tracking. Why?

9696 Views 33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2012 7:51 PM by MLadd RSS
1 2 3 Previous Next
Babaganoosh Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 11, 2012 6:19 AM

Okay, so I got the email saying my iPad 3 shipped. Apple's order status page says it shipped, and gives tracking info. But when I actually go to track the thing, FedEx says it has no information on it. And it's been two days! (Apple says it shipped on March 9th.) Is this normal? What am I supposed to do about it? If the thing shipped two days ago, wouldn't the tracking information show up by now?

These things ship from China, don't they? If it's supposed to get here by the 16th, and it hasn't gone out yet, how can it possibly get here in time?

• stedman1 Level 8 Level 8 (49,890 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 6:23 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

"These things ship from China, don't they? If it's supposed to get here by the 16th, and it hasn't gone out yet, how can it possibly get here in time?"

In 5 days it can around the world a couple times.

Stedman

• stedman1 Level 8 Level 8 (49,890 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 6:43 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

Most likely the shipping agent (FedEx) has not updated their information to eliminate calls, or questions asking "where is my iPad"...... It will not be delivered prior to the 16th. My experience with Apple shipping is they are extremely efficient.

Stedman

• BobTheFisherman Level 6 Level 6 (10,570 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 8:07 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

It may be shipped from thje source but still waiting FedEx pickup from the shipping dock. When FedEx picks it up and scans it into their system you will be able to track it on FedEx's site. Did you get a FedEx tracking number? If not then FedEx has not picked it up and has not entered it into their system.

You are over reacting. No need to dispute charges and it is not lost. They still have plenty of time to get it to you on the 16th.

• PogoPossum Level 4 Level 4 (2,505 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 8:56 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

Just wait patiently, I'm afraid.

• b j t Level 4 Level 4 (3,670 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 9:00 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

At least you have recieved your "Shipment Notification" email. I am STILL waiting

• tonefox Level 5 Level 5 (7,680 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 9:22 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

I'm so glad my life is not this full of stress. 

I have been buying stuff from Apple since 1984, and so far I have never had a delivery date that failed. It doesn't matter about the tracking data. It will arrive.

Try to find a calming hobby while you wait... macramé perhaps...

• BobTheFisherman Level 6 Level 6 (10,570 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 9:29 AM (in response to Babaganoosh)

Babaganoosh wrote:

<snip>

I hate to keep repeating myself, but after two whole days, why doesn't the tracking number show anything? FedEx has no information at all on it. None at all. Why shouldn't I be concerned about that, after all this time?

Two whole days is nothing. The tracking number does not say anything because there has been no change in status. Cancel your order, call your credit card company to dispute the charges, or be patient. No need to repeat yourself here. We are just users like you. If it were me, I'd be patient. If you don't receive your pakage in a week or two then dispute the charges.

We have no inside FedEx knowledge or the factory's shipping procedure. I think the factory shows shipped when the pakage is picked up or delivered to a warehouse for eventual FedEx pickup. When FedEx updates the pakage's status the change will be relected on the tracking site.

You were told the delivery date. The tracking site may not show anything until the package is loaded on the plane.

• PogoPossum Level 4 Level 4 (2,505 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 4:23 PM (in response to Babaganoosh)

I didn't say "forget about it". There's nothing you CAN do. Apple has given you a number, FedEx hasn't received it yet. Who else would you like to appeal to? What can anyone in this forum do besides tell you, in so many words, to wait until FedEx confirms it.

• BeachCatFan Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Mar 11, 2012 4:42 PM (in response to tonefox)

tonefox wrote:

I'm so glad my life is not this full of stress. 

I have been buying stuff from Apple since 1984, and so far I have never had a delivery date that failed. It doesn't matter about the tracking data. It will arrive.

Try to find a calming hobby while you wait... macramé perhaps...

Okay, now that's just funny.........and I was thinking the exact same thing

Items get tracking numbers all the time before the shipping company actually has the item in their hot little hands.

Patience is a virtue. I understand being antsy about getting your hands on the iPad. I actually got bummed out because I found out the announcement would come while I was on a cruise and wouldn't be able to order one until I got back.......but the wait did not kill me. And waiting for it to be delivered won't kill any of us, either. The OP needs to keep checking back, as mine showed the "we have no information" on the FedEx site for hours and then all of a sudden, it had been picked up in Nashville and I had an arrival date and time.

1 2 3 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.