Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App downloading stuck on "waiting"

Every time I try to download an app from my iPad, it remans stuck on "waiting". This does not happen on my iPhone (I share the same iTunes account).

I tried resetting network settings, rebooting the iPad, but the issue is still there. I have no pending downloads on iTunes and every other topic I read on this forum didn't help at all.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 4:13 AM

29 replies

Mar 17, 2012 5:22 AM in response to Emiliano Severoni

Try just tapping on the app icons that say "waiting". I had this problem yesterday after I restored my new iPad--all my app icons said "waiting". I touched them, one or two at a time, and as soon as I touched them, they changed to "loading" then "installing". I had to do that for all my app icons.

Am I to understand your issue is with downloading new apps from the app store?

Mar 17, 2012 4:49 PM in response to Emiliano Severoni

If this was not one of the topics that you read on the forum, give it a try. There is no guarantee that it will work, but I have seen it work for others in the past.

Try signing out of your account and restart your iPad.

Go to Settings>Store>Apple ID and tap the ID and sign out. Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button. Go back to Settings>Store> Apple ID and sign in again.

App downloading stuck on "waiting"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.