Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Ipad3 case with keyboard? Can I use a Ipad 2 case for Ipad 3?

I just bought the Ipad3 and I need to buy the case, but all the cases I found are for the Ipad 2 - are the Ipad 2 and 3 the same size? Can I use same case?

Which one is the best case with keyboard for ipad 3?

Thanks!

Ipad3-OTHER

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 9:37 AM

35 replies

Mar 20, 2012 9:56 AM in response to MLoNY212

For my iPad 2, Ibought an Adesso case/keyboard model WKB-2000CD http://www.adesso.com/en/component/content/article/49-coming-soon/455-wkb-2000cd .html Works great & looks good. The keyboard is easier to use than Apple's on-screen keyboard. Do a Google search using the model number to get the best price. About the same price as Apple's covers & it covers the whole iPad. There's enough space in this cover to accomodate the iPad new slight increase in thickness.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Mar 25, 2012 10:03 AM in response to fapfapfap

I just got the Zaggfolio for 3 with keyboard and it fits perfect. Not super excited about the look or feel of the cover though. It does function well. Keyboard can be removed fairly easily. The IPad doesn't slide out as easily as their demo made it look. I bought two colors because I couldn't decide. The pink one looks cheap and not well made. . Keeping the purple and returning the pink. It might be because the pink is a light color .

Mar 25, 2012 10:09 AM in response to Lara28

Lara.....I too got the Zagg Folio with keyboard. I like it and it provides good protection, but removing iPad from the case is not as easy as I would have hoped and I like to read magazines in Portrait. When Targus released their Versavue Keyboard case for the new iPad, I'll probably get it. I had it on my iPad 2 and loved it. Targus hasn't released it yet. But, I will say the Zagg keyboard is MUCH nicer than the keyboard on the Targus case. So, another option for me would be to get the Targus Versavue for the new iPad (without Keyboard), which is available right now, and just take the keybaord from the Zagg out and use that keyboard when I want to type and keep my iPad in the Versavue case.........

Mar 28, 2012 3:06 PM in response to MLoNY212

First, we have a whole bunch of threads on this, so a search would help, and it would offer dozens of answers to this you might want to think about including a long thread where I reviewed a whole bunch of keyboards for the ipad3....

But in short,

The Zagg Folio fits both the 2 and the 3 -- most people are finding in general that almost all cases made for the ipad 2 work with the iPad 3....

The Zagg has what I have found to be, by far, the best keyboard with the least errors -- in fact, I was able to get about 60 wpm on the keyboard without error after only a few minutes of practice. The downside is that the case is flimsy, looks kinda cheap, and its really hard to get the iPad out of the folio case -- I've found I have stopped using the folio at all, and just use the keyboard on my desk at work.

The clamcase fits both the ipad 2 and the iPad 3 -- it is by far the best overall case/keyboard that I have found. It looks great -- and the keyboard works well. Because of the realignment of the magnets in the ipad 3, it does not turn on/turn off the iPad like it does with the ipad 2, where that works flawlessly.

The downside is that the keys are cramped, and the error rate increases. With about a half hour of practice, I got about a 45 wmp typing rate, and that included several errors that required correction. It's a tradeoff because the keyboard feels good, the response is good, but because the keys are not seperated it is harder to type. I use this case only when I go on longer trips and don't want to take my laptop.

The nest overall keyboard is the Apple bluetooth keyboard without a case -- but it's a pain to lug it along, and you need a seperate "easel" for your ipad. Still, it's the best keyboard you can use -- and I get 65 wpm error free with this keyboard. I have one at home, and it's my keyboard of choice when you don't need the case.

Finally, I've gound that Brookstone makes a decent keyboard -- it works well, comes in multiple colors, and its actually more stable than the Zagg folio. The keyboard is not as good, though, and is plastic-y feeling. Still, it might be a fair tradeoff.

Almost all other keyboards are made by the same companies and distributed to third parties who put them into their own cases. I'd stay away from most of the other keyboards.

Overall -- for the convenience of the sheer folio thing, the Clamcase is about as good as it gets, even though it is about 50 dollars more than the Zagg and other similar models. Plus it makes your iPad look like a macbook, which is kind of cool.

Mar 28, 2012 5:49 PM in response to MLoNY212

I got the iPad 2 Zaggfolio case for my 3rd gen and it works perfectly fine. It's a perfect fit and everything functions as expected. I know Zagg advertised an early April release of their Zaggfolio for the 3rd gen; however, when I visited the local Best Buy, the iPad 2 versions all had a large sticker on the box stating they fit the 3rd gen. Like others have said, the case itself isn't all that special, but the keyboard is awesome and IIRC it is rated as one of the very best "mobile sized" keyboards available for the iPad. The keys are spaced perfectly, leading to few typing errors, and they have a good solid feel to them.

Mar 28, 2012 6:22 PM in response to Burnspot

Even though I have the Zagg Folio with keyboard, I've decided I miss my Targus Versavu rotating case, so I'm getting the Targus and will remove the Zagg keyboard which easily comes out of the Folio case. For me the only disappointing issue with the Zagg is I read a lot of magazines in my iPad and portrait works best for most magazines. Even though you can prop the iPad in portrait on the Zagg keyboard, you have to remove the iPad from the Zagg which is difficult because the fit is very tight. Since the Targus permits easy 360 rotation, combined with the terrific Zagg keyboard, I'll have the best of both worlds.

Mar 30, 2012 6:00 AM in response to Readyforcoffee

Hi, I don't think they make the Adonit Writer for Paid 3 yet.

That's my main concern - all the cases are mostly for the Ipad 1 and 2 - I ont see many options out there for the 3 yet ... and from what I understand the 3 is slightly thicker and the camera il located in a different position ... why did they have to change the size and camera location ... just so you had to buy a new case as well. So annoying.

Best Ipad3 case with keyboard? Can I use a Ipad 2 case for Ipad 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.