Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are the films so expensive on iTunes?

Why is the films so bloody expensive? I can't believe they want so much money for movies from iTunes.

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 1:35 PM

24 replies

Feb 21, 2017 6:21 AM in response to clacknathan

discussions regarding Apple policies are not permitted in theses forums which you agreed to when you signed up to use the forums. If you did not bother to read the terms that does not excuse you or anyone else from this policy.

Stay on topic. Apple Support Communities is here to help people use Apple products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about non technical topics, including:

1. Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.

2. Discussions of Apple policies or procedures or speculation on Apple decisions.

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement

If you wish to discuss with Apple policy with Apple Computer you can go to

apple.com/feedback

and leave a message.

otherwise you are encouraged to use some other forum(s) on the internet that will allow you to discuss what you want without the restrictions of this forum.

Aug 12, 2012 3:18 AM in response to Tam1

Apple have much more control then you think. In the UK renting a dvd from blockbuster costs £3.50 (new release). Apple wants £4.99. The USP is quality and luxury, just like their computers but in actual fact they have the ability to make and break movies easily -just look at their apps.

Might not seem like much money for the extra living room convenience, but it's enough to drive most people to torrent sites and get hold of a blueray copy within half an hour. The motivation isn't that you saved a few pence but instead stopped Apple cheating you out of your money and hence 'beaten the system'. Sony have no problem at all with pirated Blueray just as long as you use them!

The same thing happended with music albums not long ago. Apple learned too late, that no one is going to pay High Street prices for a soft copy of a music album. Instead just download the whole thing within a few minutes elsewhere. Que; Apple's music amnesty as a last ditch attempt to profit from this.

Mar 31, 2012 6:46 AM in response to varjak paw

I bought my iPad because On occasion I have a few Hours to kill at work and would like to watch a movie to kill time but I never imagined they would be so vastly overpriced. A wee example - £13.99 to buy attack of the block. I can buy the DVD for £4.99 for goodness sake.

Ok I should have looked at iTunes prices before I spent my ££££ on the iPad but I never dreamed that Apple would be so uncompetitive on their pricing. ( I don't believe movie studios dictate pricing to apple)

Sorry for moaning chaps , just annoyed and a bit fed up :/

Have a good day :)

Mar 31, 2012 5:00 PM in response to Tam1

A wee example - £13.99 to buy attack of the block. I can buy the DVD for £4.99 for goodness sake.

Exactly...

However, there is a saying..... everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for. So if people want to throw their money away, well..... they are entitled to do so. I just wonder how some people have so much to burn 😝

Why are the films so expensive on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.