Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set up an ipad without an apple id

I have bought an ipad for my dad as a surprise but want to set it up as we are going abroad for his borthday and may not have access to wifi etc there so want it to be ready to go - he has an apple id but I don't know it so is it best to choose not to have an apple id or should I create a new free id??

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 5:10 PM

I am unable to set up my iPad without an Apple ID. Please help. Just wanted anyone to use the iPad.

14 replies

Apr 4, 2012 1:15 PM in response to Tinkerbell3

App cannot be shared between AppleIDs. Once he puts his in, the apps you downloaded will no longer be available and he will have to download them again.

I appreciate what you are trying to do for him, but it might be more trouble than it's worth. If he has any experience with Apple iOS products, I'm sure he would undstand. Speaking for myself, I would prefer to do the set up cleanly on my own anyway, but that's just me.

Can I set up an ipad without an apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.