Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I heard you can install 16GB of memory, Is this true?

I have a Mac Mini 2011 Base Line Model, I upgraded to 4GB of Ram but I would like to upgrade to 16GB, I heard you could install 16GB but the Manual and Apple Website say it is only capable of up to 8BG. Is this true? I have also seen videos of people upgrading my model to 16GB but I am very confused.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 6:59 AM

9 replies

Apr 21, 2012 7:16 AM in response to Dirty-Harry

Dirty-Harry wrote:

Amazon has it wrong.

OK, I won't disagree with that.

Also nothing wrong with Corsair RAM, I bought two sticks for my Early 2006 iMac back it late 2006 and consider it to be excellent RAM.

The problem I have is not with Corsair, it is with Amazons return and refund policy compared to dealing directly with OWC, Crucial or even Corsair.

That is a very tempting price at Newegg as well. 😉

Newegg.com - CORSAIR 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 Laptop Memory Model CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9

Apr 21, 2012 7:45 AM in response to woodmeister50

I did forget about that. NewEgg is great when it comes to returns and exchanges. I've never had to return anything from Amazon. I will take your words to heart the next time I order from Amazon. Actually I was really surprised Amazon had them for $30 less than NewEgg, because NewEgg usually has the best price, but now always. I would rather spent the extra money knowing I would not have a problem returning or exchanging an item purchased from NewEgg.

I heard you can install 16GB of memory, Is this true?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.