Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 102 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 8:42 PM by Nicola8 Go to original post
  • Christopher Liedke Level 1 (5 points)

    If anyone still has this problem after trying all of the above try this:

     

    Make sure that in your iTunes library on the computer that you use to upload to iTunes match that the Album Artist part of the metadata is filled in for those songs. 

     

    I tried all the above suggestions and the what finially helped me was filling in the Album Artist field.

  • jimfromanderson Level 1 (0 points)

    Just wanted to say thank you for the answers to this problem with Itunes match. I just learned about IM and wanted to get it rolling before the Iphone 5 comes out so I don't have to purchase a 32gb if I really could use a 16. So thank you again.

  • mfleener Level 1 (0 points)

    This fix worked very well for me.  I have been in various states of broken for the last few months.  The replys to this thread really helped me figure out what was going on.  Thank all of you for the help.  Greatly appriected.

  • Scott Bradley2 Level 1 (5 points)

    newmach's solution/procedure worked for me.  I had written off the iPhone Music app - with or without iTunes Match active - and gave it one last go.  Thanks to the OP for the question which poppoed up in my Google search!

  • stormy2084 Level 1 (0 points)

    Also worked for me, though I modified the steps slightly to reduce what I was deleting:

     

    1. Google/download/install iExplorer

    2. Plug in iPhone and open iExplorer

    3. Delete the iPhpone\Media\iTunes_Control\Music folder (JUST MUSIC, NOT THE WHOLE FOLDER)

    4. Reboot the iPhone

    5. Enjoy!

  • thomasjwoods Level 1 (0 points)

    wow, worked for me too, eventually

  • Jon in Pittsburgh Level 1 (0 points)

    Sadly this trick did not work for me.  My playlists appear but no songs.  The music seems to be there on the iExplore but not using the iPhone music app. Help...

  • vancouveryogi Level 1 (85 points)

    Deleting MediaLibrary.sqllitedb, MediaLibrary.sqllitedb-shm and MediaLibrary.sqllitedb-wal and doing a hard reset worked for me as well on both my iPhone 4 and my iPad (3rd generation). In my case I used a Mac utility called PhoneView with the "Show Enter Disk (Advanced Disk Mode)" Preference enabled in order to access the devices' media folder.

     

    Thanks to everyone who contribued to this thread!

  • N0vice Level 1 (0 points)

    I did the same on 2 iPad 3rd Gen. And 2 4S phones and saved a lot of rebuild time by not deleting the whole folder. Fixed all 4 devices that iOS 6 bugged out.

  • thomasjwoods Level 1 (0 points)

    I also think plugging my phone into the computer, opening iTunes and syncing with the computer helped (I also deleted the necessary folder)

  • JKB Level 2 (355 points)

    Fixed. One trip to the Genius bar avoided.

    Thanks!

  • JCases Level 1 (0 points)

    Thank You. On my 3GS those 3 files couldn't be deleted separately so i deleted the whole iTunes folder. I only miss my 3 custom ringtones, but my music is back!. Thanks again!

  • Bidi76 Level 1 (0 points)

    This helped me a lot - thank you

  • Gary Dartmore Howell Level 1 (10 points)

    Thanks Newmach and Argonaught. I had the same symptoms - no individual music files and Music consistently bringing up the iCloud window and seemingly getting stuck. I followed your iExplorer process and the music database rebuilt. Thank you.

  • KY Wildcat27 Level 1 (0 points)

    I spent a whole day messing with my new iPhone 5 because I had this same problem. So glad I came across this post. It didn't work the 1st time I tried (probably user error), but the 2nd time I tried it worked like a charm!!! I am so relieved now....Thank you!!!

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next