Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 78 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2014 12:35 PM by klapplegate Go to original post
  • PanGalacticGargleBlaster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Brilliant! A slight twist to my system situation. I didn't see a plugin for Acrobat (Pro or Reader), but the setting was to automatically open using Acrobat Pro in what looked a little too generic for me (the App icon was a generic "A" as in the Apple icon), so I used that pop-up menu to select an app, choosing the current app (Acrobat Pro X), closed, restarted, worked perfectly.

     

    Thanks Dansyacht, awesome tip. Much appreciated.

  • PanGalacticGargleBlaster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Reply #2 to sacmacguy, who wrote:

     

    "In Finder Go to:  Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins and look for "AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin" and move it to Disabled Plug-ins Folder (if you want to keep it).  You will have to remove this file from the Internet Plug-Ins folder altogether.  (I put mine in the trash)

     

    In the ../Internet Plug-Ins folder you should also have the file called "AdobePDFViewer.plugin" leave this.  In my case this was the older plug-in dated June 2011.  This works.  The plug that I removed was part of the Adobe updated I downloaded yesterday which was the problem (Thanks Adobe)

     

    Relauch Safari and you should be able to save the PDF files."

     

     

     

    Another thanks. Worked perfectly for me. A couple of additional minor comments (besides a return to normality). The "new" disk save icon that would appear in the pdf space no longer shows up, just the other previous icons (zoom in/out, download and, Now I see that one of them was to open it up in Acrobat (doh!). But the control click options of saving as, or open in Acrobat are now restored.

     

    Many thanks for the solution sacmacguy!! The odd thing is that I don't recall a recent Adobe update. But no complaints. Whatever works.

  • BarbaraSt Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks so much to Sacmacguy.  You saved me.  I was in middle of writing  my master's project and stopped being able to download PDFs.  You fix worked.

     

    A loud boo to Adobe

  • Ruskin Hunt Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    sacmacguy's solution worked for me as well. many thanks.

  • motomanic12 Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)

    Yes, many thanks to sacmacguy's solution. Worked for me. Can I assume removing that NPAPI. plugin won't cause any other problems?

     

    I wasn't able to save pdf's recently, but it didn't dawn on me until today that something has changed. Glad I came across this thread.

  • angelee_mac Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Cheers to you, sacmacguy. Really help my day. I cant imagine to have to change platform beside safari

  • rhondalynn Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks sacmacguy! After scouring the net to find an answer...to no avail. Your post answer did work!

  • tammy59 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Sacmacguy, you are awesome!! Fixed the problem! Thank you! Thank you!

  • broccoli11 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks Sacmacguy. This problem has been bugging me for too long. I trashed the "AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin" (mainly because I don't know where the Disabled Plug-ins Folder is!), restarted Safari and all is right again.

     

    Cheers to you.

  • Marion672 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Many thanks, that worked. Maybe you should get a job with Applehelp ;-)

  • ioansv Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks sacmacguy. Your solution worked. I guess we should not update when adobe update pops up?

  • AAGie Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    totally worked for me too! A

  • Verona43 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks Scammo for your help in saving my pdf's.

    I thought it was something I was doing, but I see

    it's a common problem.

  • Buzzknit Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks worked like a charm....

  • Brad from VA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Thanks SacMacGuy, this fix worked for me as well. Typical Adobe!

     

    In Finder Go to:  Macintosh HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins and look for "AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin" and move it to Disabled Plug-ins Folder (if you want to keep it).  You will have to remove this file from the Internet Plug-Ins folder altogether.  (I put mine in the trash)

    In the ../Internet Plug-Ins folder you should also have the file called "AdobePDFViewer.plugin" leave this.  In my case this was the older plug-in dated June 2011.  This works.  The plug that I removed was part of the Adobe updated I downloaded yesterday which was the problem (Thanks Adobe)

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next