Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud mail down

icloud

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), mailserver down

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 9:07 PM

37 replies

Apr 28, 2012 9:01 AM in response to William-Boyd-Jr

I took another look and noticed that there was no MobileMe/iCloud server in the SMTP server list. Oddly, when I see the "Cannot send message" window the list of servers it offers me does show "<myname> .Mac Account (iCloud)". I added an SMTP server with these details:

- Server Name: smtp.mail.me.com

- Use default ports

- Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)

- Authentication: Password

- User Name: <myid>@mac.com

- Password: my MobileMe/iCloud password

I migrated to iCloud a few days ago but until yesterday everything seems to have been working well.

Sep 11, 2012 8:29 PM in response to thebanscout

My primary .mac/.me emal address is down, but an alternate one I set up back in the .mac days is still operational. Every machine (two iMacs, a MacBook, an iPad2 and an iPhone 4s) as well as logging directly into iCloud returns an error. What gives? A little ackowledgement at least would be a nice gesture - I do not have time to deal with the sh*t... and this is my PRIMARY email accout. Apple, are you listening?

Sep 11, 2012 8:57 PM in response to BrianYoung

BrianYoung wrote:

Mine is down as well....

The iCloud IMAP server “p99-imap.mail.me.com” rejected the password for user “XXXX”

Enter your password again or cancel.

No access via iphone or web or mail.app

on iphone i get:

"Cannot Get Mail"

"The user name or password for "iCloud" is incorrect."

Truth is - it's not incorrect....arrrgh.

OS10.7.3

Check it out your incoming server is different than mine... why is that?

User uploaded file

icloud mail down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.