Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other" on capacity bar

When should I be concerned about the size of "Other" in the capacity meter? Brand new ipad and it shows 0.50GB. Is this fine and normal?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 6, 2012 5:13 PM

8 replies

May 6, 2012 5:38 PM in response to et4350

Did you read the discussion in the link that I posted? I copied this from that link.

Restore from backup, follow this by syncing your content back to your phone. Look at other after doing so, if in the normal range, you're good to go.

If restoring from the backup doesn't work, then restore as new and sync the content to the iPad from iTunes.

Sometimes, just syncing again can cure this, or removing photos and resyncimg the photos. Sometimes rebooting the iPad might help.

There is no need for you to worry about this right now. Your iPad is fine! 🙂

May 6, 2012 6:05 PM in response to et4350

How Do I Get Rid Of The “Other” Data Stored On My iPad Or iPhone?

http://tinyurl.com/85w6xwn

With an iOS device, the “Other” space in iTunes is used to store things like documents, settings, caches, and a few other important items. If you sync lots of documents to apps like GoodReader, DropCopy, or anything else that reads external files, your storage use can skyrocket. With iOS 5, you can see exactly which applications are taking up the most space. Just head to Settings > General > Usage, and tap the button labeled Show All Apps. The storage section will show you the app and how much storage space it is taking up. Tap on the app name to get a description of the additional storage space being used by the app’s documents and data. You can remove the storage-hogging application and all of its data directly from this screen, or manually remove the data by opening the app. Some applications, especially those designed by Apple, will allow you to remove stored data by swiping from left to right on the item to reveal a Delete button.

ïŁż Cheers, Tom 😉

"Other" on capacity bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.