Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 9:00 AM by Rbell153
pjrufus Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Cannot get mail. The username or password is incorrect. Updated ipad 2 to 5.1.1 last night and have been getting this off and on all day. Now haven't been able to get mail for last 4 hours. Settings are correct. Have restarted, hard-restarted, re-entered settings, still no mail. Any help is much appreciated.

ipad
  • comforteagle03 Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)

what kind of email address? from more than one email provider?

• technowiz12345 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

Try restarting your iPad or double clicking the home button while outside of the app and holding your finger on the mail app icon and pressing the little "x." THIS WILL NOT DELETE THE APP! Then go back into the app and try again.

• pjrufus Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

It is a Comcast address. Mail is back up again now, but I've had this message on and off all day. It's fine on my phone and laptop. The only thing I've done differently is update the ios.

Technowiz, I'll give your suggestion a try the next time it goes wacky. I've never heard that fix before, what does ot do?

Thank you.

That forces the app to quit. Started w/ iOS 4. there's an overview in HT5137

Thank you for the info, will definitely give it a try.

• Brentmeister Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

I'm having the same problem also.  And I have Comcast too.  I'm not sure if it's an ios 5.1.1 update problem or Comcast.  I have the new iPad with wifi only and when I open mail the "getting mail" circle keeps spinning and spinning. The only way I can get it to stop is by turning off wifi.

• Luiza12 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Do u think this is because of 5.1.1??? Should i update my ipad?

it's likely not 5.1.1

Look at the prior comments. both Brentmeister and Pjrufus have comcast. Highly coincidental. I'd contact comcast and see what's up.

• Demo Level 10 Level 10 (85,740 points)

The problem was with Comcast's servers. I saw the information online so I can confirm. I am now able to use my Comcast email in Pittsburgh, PA. It should be up and running again for you or it will be soon.

If it was due to Comcast servers, why would the email work without a problem (today anyway) on my laptop and phone, and not work on my iPad?

• Brentmeister Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

My Comcast mail works fine on my iMac and was working earlier today on my iPad after the update.  Tomorrow I'll be using a different server so I can test it then. Until then, I'm not worrying about it.

You naysayers can believe what you want to believe, I'm just telling you the message that I read online when I logged into my email on my Mac. The message was that the servers were down for maintenance.

My Comcast email went down at about 3:00 this afternoon - on all of my devices, iPad, Mac and iPod Touch, no way I had the wrong settings on all three devices. I got the message on my iPad that the username and password were wrong and I knew that they were correct. I have been using Comcast email for over 12 years. When I logged onto webmail with my Mac, that is when I read the message about the servers.

Call Comcast instead of stressing or wondering about it. They can confirm one way or the other.

• Mark TL Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

Yes i can confirm it was a problem with  the mail servers @ comcast , it should be fine now.

Now if we can just convince the rest of the crowd here .....

Previous 1 2 Next