Skip navigation

Cannot get mail.

6187 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 9:00 AM by Rbell153 RSS
1 2 Previous Next
pjrufus Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 9, 2012 2:40 PM

Cannot get mail. The username or password is incorrect. Updated ipad 2 to 5.1.1 last night and have been getting this off and on all day. Now haven't been able to get mail for last 4 hours. Settings are correct. Have restarted, hard-restarted, re-entered settings, still no mail. Any help is much appreciated.

ipad
  • comforteagle03 Level 1 Level 1 (100 points)
    May 9, 2012 2:51 PM (in response to pjrufus)

what kind of email address? from more than one email provider?

• technowiz12345 Calculating status...
    May 9, 2012 2:56 PM (in response to pjrufus)

Try restarting your iPad or double clicking the home button while outside of the app and holding your finger on the mail app icon and pressing the little "x." THIS WILL NOT DELETE THE APP! Then go back into the app and try again.

May 9, 2012 5:01 PM (in response to pjrufus)

That forces the app to quit. Started w/ iOS 4. there's an overview in HT5137

• Brentmeister Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
    May 9, 2012 5:25 PM (in response to pjrufus)

I'm having the same problem also.  And I have Comcast too.  I'm not sure if it's an ios 5.1.1 update problem or Comcast.  I have the new iPad with wifi only and when I open mail the "getting mail" circle keeps spinning and spinning. The only way I can get it to stop is by turning off wifi.

• Luiza12 Calculating status...
    May 9, 2012 5:28 PM (in response to pjrufus)

Do u think this is because of 5.1.1??? Should i update my ipad?

May 9, 2012 5:30 PM (in response to Luiza12)

it's likely not 5.1.1

Look at the prior comments. both Brentmeister and Pjrufus have comcast. Highly coincidental. I'd contact comcast and see what's up.

• Demo Level 9 Level 9 (73,955 points)
    May 9, 2012 5:33 PM (in response to pjrufus)

The problem was with Comcast's servers. I saw the information online so I can confirm. I am now able to use my Comcast email in Pittsburgh, PA. It should be up and running again for you or it will be soon.

• Brentmeister Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
    May 9, 2012 5:42 PM (in response to pjrufus)

My Comcast mail works fine on my iMac and was working earlier today on my iPad after the update.  Tomorrow I'll be using a different server so I can test it then. Until then, I'm not worrying about it.

May 9, 2012 5:45 PM (in response to pjrufus)

You naysayers can believe what you want to believe, I'm just telling you the message that I read online when I logged into my email on my Mac. The message was that the servers were down for maintenance.

My Comcast email went down at about 3:00 this afternoon - on all of my devices, iPad, Mac and iPod Touch, no way I had the wrong settings on all three devices. I got the message on my iPad that the username and password were wrong and I knew that they were correct. I have been using Comcast email for over 12 years. When I logged onto webmail with my Mac, that is when I read the message about the servers.

Call Comcast instead of stressing or wondering about it. They can confirm one way or the other.

• Mark TL Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    May 9, 2012 6:05 PM (in response to Demo)

Yes i can confirm it was a problem with  the mail servers @ comcast , it should be fine now.

May 9, 2012 6:08 PM (in response to Mark TL)

Now if we can just convince the rest of the crowd here .....

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.