Currently Being ModeratedMay 14, 2012 11:27 AM (in response to al2012xxx)
It seems it's a problem with plugin(s) from Adobe Reader.
You can try that :
- Go to the folder : Your Hard Drive / Library / Internet Plug-ins.
- If you see a file with PDF in its name drag it to the trash.
- Quit and restart Safari to test with a PDF.
- If it works you can empty the trash.
Hope this will help.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 31, 2012 2:51 PM (in response to avidtb)
The two files I trashed were:
This fixed both the "Save As" issue I was having with Safari and viewing issues I was having in Firefox.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 3, 2012 10:37 PM (in response to al2012xxx)
Pl check what version of Safari that you are using currently. If you are using the latest version Version 5.1.5 (7534.55.3), then when you open a pdf document in Safari you may not able to export of save as earlier.
Just open the document and scroll down to the end of the document.
You will find Save/Print/ PgUP/PGDn/Zoom In /Out functions . Using the Save you can save the documents in whatever format that you would want too.
Deepak Chandran & Apple Deepak Pune
Currently Being ModeratedJun 15, 2012 10:07 AM (in response to jgcobbs)
Removing the files jgcobbs lists works for me, too.
Like the two posts above jgcobbs', I too at first thought that I didn't have those files. Then I realized that I wasn't careful in opening the Library folder in Your Hard Drive, but rather I opened the Library folder on my user account folder.
Now I'm wondering if I will lose some some kind of pdf functionality with those plug-ins missing. I'll be on the look-out for weirdness...
Thanks mcbuffy and jgcobbs...I was really missing this feature!
Currently Being ModeratedJun 22, 2012 5:38 AM (in response to jeyb4green)
I had the same problem and the solution worked for me.
A couple thoughts -
The Internet Plugins folder that Mcbuffy is referring to is in the library folder associated with your drive, not the one under your user account.
Also, the files may not END in pdf, they might just have PDF in the name. I already trashed the ones (two) that were apparently the source of my problem so I don’t have the exact file names, but they both were Adobe files, both had PDF in the name and I do not think either actually ENDED with .pdf.
--AND THANKS MCBUFFY!!