Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstalled sound flower but is still showing in the sounds preference pane

Hi, I uninstalled a program called sound flower, but it's selection is still showing in the sounds prefrence pane, can you tell me how to remove it, thanks.User uploaded file

Posted on May 27, 2012 11:49 AM

34 replies

Mar 24, 2017 11:15 PM in response to hadialqadi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGsAdQw0vKU

This really works. you have to run the uninstaller and press play and the only way to uninstall it is either you run it. also you can run the uninstaller straight from the download window you dont have to download the whole file you can run the uninstaller from the dmg and press play and it will uninstall it. and restart and thats should be it.

May 27, 2012 12:13 PM in response to hadialqadi

How did you uninstall Soundflower? Soundflower provides its own uninstaller (Uninsitall Soundflower) I believe in the Soundfolower folder in /Applications. If you only manually removed the application (Soundflowerbed) or the Soundflower folder in /Applications you also need to manually remove the Soundflower driver as well (Soundflower.kext) which would be in /System/Library/Extensions. When you remove it you need to reboot.

May 27, 2012 1:01 PM in response to hadialqadi

Hi..

Try deleting the System Preferences (.plist) file.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar top of your screen click Go > Go to Folder

Type this exactly as you see it here:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist

Click Go

Move the com.apple.systempreferences.plist file to the Trash.

Restart your Mac.

BTW, third party so called "clening" utilities usually cause more harm than good. You don't need, "Clean My Mac" ...

Use this uninstaller to remove it from the hard drive > Download AppCleaner for Mac - Uninstall your apps easily. MacUpdate.com

Aug 20, 2012 7:51 AM in response to hadialqadi

Hi,

Similar question here, but I can't figure out if Soundflower even installed.

The installer said it was sucessful. Nothing related to Soundflower appeared in System Preferences. When I do a search for Soundflower, Finder only showed the .dmg file.

I then realised I didn't need it so I ran the Uninstall script.

I didn't appear to do anything, but when I did a second search for Soundflower, Finder only shows the .dmg file again.

Does this mean Soundflower didn't install at all - or at least that I have uninstalled it?

Cheers.

uninstalled sound flower but is still showing in the sounds preference pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.