I think I may have found the solution for "Uninstalling Soundflower for Mac OSX". If you have deleted the program itself by dragging it to the trash, redownload the program, have your laptop restarted and download the program again and it will restart once more. When you log back on, go to the Soundflower folder and click uninstall and it will open the run script file, run it and it will delete the program. Now, restart your mac immediately and inspect your audio inputs when you log back on.
1. Have Soundflower downloaded (Redownload if need be)
2. Let it restart
3. Open Soundflower folder upon log–in
4. Run "Uninstall Soundflower" - Click Run on script program
5. Restart immediately
6. Check Audio input (just incase it's still there)
Rejoice, god is good.
I found the official answer straight from the splashtop website on how to uninstall it, followed the directions and it worked!
here is the link there where I found the answer, its about 3/4 way down right before the comments
here is a screenshot from the website as well! good luck!
B). How do I un-install Soundflower?
1. Click "Go" on the Tray menu (upper left).
2. Click the "Go to Folders" item.
3. Type "/System/Library/Extensions"
4. Find the file "Soundflower.kext"
5. Remove that file, and then re-start the Mac system.
6. Open System Preferences -> Sound -> Output.
You should not see SoundFlower any more in the Output tab.
Everyone gave awesome advice. The solution for most I think is very straight forward. I'd had soundflower stuck as an option in "Sounds" forever even after uninstalling the app. I redownloaded the application installer pack and used the uninstall script that was included. Soundflower does not dissapear until you restart your computer after the uninstall script.
Here are the steps to remove Soundflower completely from the audio channels.
Open Terminal in Utilities and type your password when prompted, then enter the following commands:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext
sudo rm -rf /Library/Receipts/Soundflower*
sudo rm -rf /var/db/receipts/com.cycling74.soundflower.*
sudo rm -rf /Applications/Soundflower
Then, restart your computer.