Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen went black

Hi all,

My iPhone 4 screen suddenly went black. The phone did not fall, or was in contact with coin, keys, nothing of the sort. It´s off as when there is no battery, but the battery was fully charged.

I tried to make someone call me, and the phone doesn´t ring.

I tried to connect it to the PC, and iTunes doesn´t lauch automatically (as if nothing had been plugged in). I totally looks as if it were off. And I cannot turn it on.

Has anyone had this same problem? Or does anyone know if it´s something fixable somehow?

Thanks for the help!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 8:13 AM

Try a reset by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button and the home button for 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears, ignore the red slider. Then turn back on. You won't lose any data doing the reset.

6 replies

My screen went black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.