Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account limit reached?

I bought an iPod off an old friend and when I go to log into my Apple ID to use it for iCloud, it say Account Limit Reached. How do I fix this as I would like to use my Apple ID for iCloud on my new device.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:50 PM

16 replies

Jun 5, 2012 2:55 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

3 differend iCloud emails have been made and setup on the device, then deleted as it's not his device anymore. However, I cannot add my own account to log into iCloud on the iPod since there is a 3 account limit. I'm looking for an answer on how to add my account after the limit has been reached; it's not a matter of storage which I see you posting on similar questions of this nature.

Sep 22, 2012 10:44 PM in response to Ohkt

Not sure if you've figured this out yet, but in case any other searchers come by, you also get this message ("Account Limit Reached") if you've created your AppleID on your Mac/PC but have not yet set it up on an iOS device. You have to do that first (so you can agree to the terms of service form iOS and such) before the AppleID is useable on OSX.

Sep 27, 2012 9:59 AM in response to Ohkt

Just to be on the same page here: An Apple ID is not the same as an iCloud account. If you have an Apple ID you can create an iCloud account as well as an iTunes store account with it, but they are different things.

Are you able to go on www.icloud.com and login? If I am right here, you should see a message saying something like this: "You need to create an iCloud account on an Apple device first". [edit:] And that means: Ask a friend to create the iCloud account on his device and then use it on your own iPod.

Nov 10, 2013 5:05 PM in response to Ohkt

Hi guys,

I've got the same problem, stupidly was trying to help couple of me friends creating Apple IDs for them on my iPhone. I can't create a new Apple ID on this device (I reached my limits) and I can't even use an account that I've already got (after creating it on my PC).

Ohkt's problem is that he's not creating a new Apple ID, he's just trying to use an Apple ID he's already got but can't use it on this particular device because 3 Apple IDs have been created in it by its previous user/owner.

I did a regirous search on this and haven't found a solution but perhaps going to Apple store and ask them to help you about that. I still can't see how relevant however waiting for 90 days before you can use or create an Apple ID on this particular device. Well, Bollox is the word for this ...

Cheers

iCloud account limit reached?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.