Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife recently downloaded iphoto library manager and now here iphoto 6.0.6 is unable to read any of her 8000 photos. I have tried rebuilding, but the grey boxes still appear. I need help.

My wife recently downloaded iphoto library manager and now here iphoto 6.0.6 is unable to read any of her 8000 photos. I have tried rebuilding, but the grey boxes still appear. I need help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 11:45 PM

19 replies

Jun 10, 2012 12:13 AM in response to Yer_Man

Sorry. The manager fits in because it was not until she downloaded it that this problem occured. Once she copied her existing iphoto library to the manager, the pictures - although still accounted for in number and memory - turned into grey boxes. I copied her iphoto library to her desktop and tried rebuilding the library but the system says they are incorrectly formatted. I'm not sure if that helps, but I would be happy to clarify.

Jun 10, 2012 12:18 AM in response to gentryfromky

The manager fits in because it was not until she downloaded it that this problem occured.

What problem is that? What do you see in the iPhoto Window?

Once she copied her existing iphoto library to the manager, the pictures - although still accounted for in number and memory - turned into grey boxes.

You can't copy material to Library Manager. it just lists what it finds.

I copied her iphoto library to her desktop and tried rebuilding the library but the system says they are incorrectly formatted.

Copied it from where? How did you try rebuilding? What's the exact error message?

Regards

TD

Jun 10, 2012 12:27 AM in response to Yer_Man

Well, I am not 100% what caused the problem because I was not with her when it happened. She said she was editing a photo and was saving the changes and then her computer froze and so she force quit and restarted. I copied the library to the desktop from the existing iphoto library. When I attempt to rebuild the message says: "The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data)."

Jun 10, 2012 12:32 AM in response to gentryfromky

She said she was editing a photo and was saving the changes and then her computer froze and so she force quit and restarted.

That probably resulted in a corrupted Library database.

I copied the library to the desktop from the existing iphoto library.

Again, not sure what exactly you've copied and from where? You've removed material from the iPhoto Library Folder in Picture? Somewhere else? And what exactly did you move?

Regards

TD

Jun 10, 2012 12:39 AM in response to Yer_Man

I looked at something you had said in answer to someone else's similar problem. I opened iphoto, selected the library, clicked on the photo tab, selected duplicate, saved the duplicate library onto the desktop. I somehow cleared the existing library on iphoto and am now trying to import the copy I made. That is what prompts the response from the system I copied.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.