Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

None of the updates could be installed. Kernel panic

Today I tried to install the two updates that apple had in store for me:

IPhoto

Thunderbolt

The installer asked me to reboot and I said yes.

After a while, the installer said:

None of the updates could be installed.

I pressed the only button: restart

After staring at the canvas background for over 5 minutes, I hard-rebooted the iMac.

Now I get a kernel panic when I boot!!!

What to do?

iMac 2011

Mac os x. Latest update

Wouter

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 3:47 PM

65 replies

Jun 11, 2012 5:22 PM in response to WFWessels

Me too :-(, I tried with a repair disk permissions (no luck), but I am wondering about a time machine roll back. The lion utilities are reachable by pressing cmd-r at startup..

I did an extra backup with target mode, as roll back erases the destination disk and replaces it with the time machine backup.

But I have a feeling that I am going to have to re-install lion.

I dislike this intensly

Clem

mbp early 2011 - the latest Lion

Jun 11, 2012 6:10 PM in response to WFWessels

Seems to be a problem. Start up with the Command-R keys depressed. Then select reinstall Lion. This will reinstall Lion and leave all your files and prefs intact. It gave me Lion 10.7.3. Then run software update which moves you to 10.7.4. If you run software update again, it will offer you Thunderbolt and iPhoto update. DON'T DO IT! Wait until we hear there is a fix from Apple.

Jun 11, 2012 6:45 PM in response to BoySetsTheFire

Ditto for me: kernel panic...repeatedly.

What do I do if I am running Lion Server?! When I attempt to reinstall Lion it tells me:

"You cannot install Mac OS X on a server volume. You need to use Disk Utility to erase this volume before you can continue to install Mac OS X."

Well, I don't want to erase my volume...so how do I recover?

Thanks for any help, it is much, much appreciated.

Switon

None of the updates could be installed. Kernel panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.