Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I rearrange the pictures in albums

How do I rearrange pics in IPad galleries, I can do it on an IMac, but cannot on an IPad

Thanks

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 4:02 PM

22 replies

Jun 11, 2012 4:09 PM in response to Simonbuckeridge

From the Users Guide:

Organizing photos and videos

You can create, rename, and delete albums on iPad to help you organize your photos and videos.

Create an album: When viewing albums, tap Edit, then tap Add. Select photos to add to the new album, then tap Done.

Note: Albums created on iPad aren’t synced back to your computer.

Rename an album

Tap Edit, then select an album.

Rearrange albums

Tap Edit, then drag up or down.

Delete an album

Tap Edit, then tap .

Jun 26, 2012 9:15 AM in response to Simonbuckeridge

As a photographer and brand new iPad user, I find the lack of control over pictures and folders absolutely astounding. I've got iTunes on a PC and was able to copy a folder over then to find out that individual pics and albums cannot be deleted or rearranged once copied to the iPad.

And why should someone without a Mac have such limited tools for moving and arranging photos on the iPad?

Am I missing something?

Are there any good apps available to help?

EDIT: It does seem that if you copy all pictures (that were synced) to a new folder, one is then able to copy and paste pictures to new locations. YIkes. What a pain. What happened to click and drag?

Aug 29, 2012 8:30 AM in response to DAVISinLA

All,

Thanks to a Youtube video, I did find a way to rearrange photos in our Photo App, but it requires making one or more of your own albums. You still can't rearrange photos inside of the albums that you have sync-ed from iTunes. Once you make a new Album, the iPad will automatically ask you which of the photos you want to add to this new album. Once you complete this process, view the photos in the new album...then select the Edit button in the upper right that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. Now just touch a photo and pause for a second. It will enlarge slightly and you can now slide it around. Click DONE in the upper right when you are finished.

Another way of viewing photos in a custom order involves using Dropbox. Place photos in your "Favorites" area and you can reorder to your heart's content. I know this has nothing to do with the sync-ed photos, but it is another method.... 🙂

In the end we are still stuck with whatever order iTunes places the photos in our sync-ed Albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_743TVHquU

Jan 18, 2013 5:45 AM in response to Simonbuckeridge

Not so fast condemning the photos app from apple. Yes Apple is a bonehead....but having said that they have a pretty good product.

Now to the problem how to arrange photos in the iPad album. I found it by chance.....

1. Go in to album you want to re arrange

2. Press on photo you want to move till "copy" pop up icon appears and press "copy"

3. Press photo where you want the photo moved to, till popup icon"copy/paste" appears.

4. Press "paste"......and your photo has been moved in front of the target photo.

5. Exclaim.......Yaaaay.

Hope it works for you ungrateful apple users..;-)

Jan 20, 2013 3:10 PM in response to pliem50

Pliem50....it appears that your solution only works in iPad Albums that we have created. Not the ones that were placed on the iPad during a sync. We could always move the photos in the Albums we created. Another way is to push EDIT in the upper right and simply long press on the desired photo and move it around.

We can't do that in the synced Albums. I tried it using your method, but the PASTE never appears. Only the COPY command.

How can I rearrange the pictures in albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.