Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where does iTunes put iPhone backups in a PC (Windows 7)?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:03 AM

From here...

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

25 replies

Dec 6, 2013 8:39 PM in response to filupskid

I finally found a way to locate where are the backup files.

some of you will be experiencing like me cannot find appdata or dont know what is our our user name, it is because appdata is a hidden file and we need to open the hidden file. i will tell u how to open the hidden file.

1) click my computer

2) tools

3)Folder options

4)view

5) under hidden files and folders, pls tick the box SHOW HIDDEN FILES,FOLDERS AND DRIVES.

Another shorter way to locate where your files are located at we go to

1) start

2) type %appdata% ,press Enter

3)apple computer

4)mobile sync

5)backup.

hope it helps.

Jan 4, 2014 12:56 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

ChrisJ4203 wrote:

Apps are not backed up, app data is. Apps are already located in iTunes and thus do not need to be backed up. See this support document for information about what is backed up via iTunes.

Are you sure about that, because when I backed up my iPad Mini w/7.0.4 and the newest iTunes, it made a 10gb Backup, which is pretty huge considering I only have a "16" Gb Slate iPad (More Like 13.5 Gb).

When I restored it after Jailbreaking, it moved ALL of the Apps I had bought back in - A neat trick if the Apps themselves are not part of the Backup package- Because the apps had NOT been backed up into iTunes on that PC.

iOS 6 did NOT restore my Apps, even though it did restore my folders.

Message was edited by: XweAp0nX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.