Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new macbook pro mid 2012 constantly freezes, help please!!

Hey guys, yesterday I bought the new Macbook Pro 2012 13 inch. In the first half hour of use it froze 5 times! I had to turn it of from the power button. I only have Google Chrome, Skype and the Diablo 3 launcher (could never play because of freezes that don't let download finish.

Please help me, first mac I buy and apple recieves me this way, full of problems 😟

Mac OSX 10.7.4

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:52 AM

59 replies

Jun 14, 2012 8:16 AM in response to Patopipp

i have the same problem. i called the technical support hotline and the guy said to look for and install all the software updates available, and it should be fine. I realized it stalls only when the wireless is turned on, so i wired it up via ethernet cable and downloaded the update for 2 hours. after installation, i tested the wireless again and the system continued to hang after 5-10 minutes of usage. this is terrible. does anyone have the remedy for this?

Edit:

13'' mbp 2.5ghz 4gb ram 500gb hdd

10.7.4 build 11E2620

Jun 14, 2012 9:34 AM in response to Patopipp

I hope it is a software problem and there is not a hardware issue with new MBP release. But anyway, you can always return your MBP within 14 day and use the full refund policy. I ordered online and it was shipped from China to Malaysia and I returned it after one week. They sent DHL to picked up the notebook.

Wait for 2 to 3 days and still search to see what the other people come up with, then just go to any store to see what they say.

best of luck

Jun 14, 2012 10:50 AM in response to Patopipp

I hope it's a software problem too, for i am in the same situation...which means it's a common problem which im sure will be fixed...at least i hope it will be or i will be bringing this back to the apple store in a week. but so far of two days of use, my MBP 13 mid2012 has froze and restarted six times.....if anybody know's what is wrong..please let me know

Jun 14, 2012 8:31 PM in response to DennisRaphael

Happy to help,

I ordered online because I want an education discount. A week after they delivered, I call this number 1800-80-6419 and I told her I want to return this MBP. She asked why and I said because the new ones are better and cheaper 😀 She did a return request and a day after DHL came and collect the MBP.

Now it's been two days, so I will call them again to see what happened to my MBP. They say they proceed the refund 3 to 5 business days after they received the item at their warehouse.

But it was so easy and even she told I have to order another one to return this one because they don't have 14-day return policy in south Asia! I told her I would do that but I don't have money I just paid 7K. It seems to me they do return if it's in 14-day return policy like the other countries.

PS: I will update you with further information.

Jun 24, 2012 2:58 PM in response to Patopipp

Same problem here. I'm running pro tools, mozilla firefox and itunes mostly. It's been a week since I bought it on Best Buy in Puerto Rico. It has frozen 4 times this week. =\ should I ask for a new computer before the 14 days? or this is purely software? I also notice it gets extremely hot near the power cord and usb ports.... still, I download istat and the temp seems fine....

Jun 26, 2012 5:57 PM in response to Patopipp

guys, I have the same problem as you, and I was able to get an exchange within my 14 days.

the laptop still does the same thing!

Unless it's a bad batch which I doubt.

It's still doing the same crashes but not as bad, I've noticed that google chrome crashes the computer so I've removed that.

The second time it's happened when I disconnected one of my USB internet modems and it locked up again. I rebooted and said the error was kernel_panic

I guess that's because it's a 3rd party driver that made it crash.

Anyway, i'm having uptimes of over 10+ hours with no problems most of the time then would get a sudden lockup and reboot. but i'll see how I go.

Brand new macbook pro mid 2012 constantly freezes, help please!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.