Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash Plugin will not work with Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Opera

I recently downloaded the latest version of Flash Player and the plugin seems to keep crashing on all the major browsers including Safari. I am using a Mac Pro Generation 3.1 with OSX Lion. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and it still keeps crashing. Any information on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 11:22 AM

12 replies

Jun 22, 2012 11:41 AM in response to specfxman

Hi..

I recently downloaded the latest version of Flash Player and the plugin seems to keep crashing on all the major browsers including Safari.

If Safari is crashing, then I doubt my suggestions at the link that Neville posted will help.

Post a Safari crash report. It may be another third party plugin installed that's not compatible with Flash that's causing all your browsers to crash.

If Safari has just crashed, press the Report button on the CrashReporter dialog box to view the crash information.

Copy/paste the entire contents of the Crash Reporter window into your reply. If the crash report dialog does not appear or the crash is hard to reproduce, crash logs can be retrieved from the ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter> folder.

Jun 22, 2012 2:04 PM in response to Neville Hillyer

If you want to pass along great solutions to situations that seem the same, the polite was to do it would be to post something like this:

"Please see Carolyn's solution in this thread . . ." and then give the link.

However, it's best if you already know the answer yourself, if you're going to post, rather than use other people's time and efforts It really does seem to be a desperate effort to gain a higher reputation level for yourself through the work of other people here.

Flash Plugin will not work with Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Opera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.