Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock map

Hello

I have some maps that are locked (don't remember I did it??). How do I unlock them? I found some information aboet using "Terminal", write a code, typing in my password for the computer but I would not accept it??

Henrik

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 4:10 AM

26 replies

Jun 23, 2012 5:15 AM in response to R C-R

thanks for your answer!

I'm cleaning up in my MBP and discovered 2 maps called "iBook". They both contains the contents of my old iBook even though they are not absolutely indentical....3 years ago I copied the contents of the iBook to the MBP when I started using that and later on I've made a copy from one MBP-partition to another. Terrible mess, I know:-).

However, there are (at least) 2 maps that I can't get access to, there is a "red traffic stop sign" attached to the map in the lower right corner. BUT it is just in one of the "iBook"-maps there a stop-signs, in the other they have the same name + "2" (version 2).

I have looked at the info for the map but the "unlock" checkbox is not awailable, it is "greyish" (and it is not checked).

I did take a screenshot of the map but it was not allowed as an attachtment eventhough it is only 20 kb. It is a tiff-file.

Hope this long explanation helps:-)

Jun 23, 2012 8:59 AM in response to Henrik Simonsen

Use cmd-shift-4 to do the screenshot. It will give you a cross-hair to draw the section of screen you wish to grab. The file will be .png.

The forums only accept .png or .jpg for posting.

It seems you are using the word "map" incorrectly. What you describe are folders.

Have another go at the screenshot and use the camera icon to browse to and insert it in your post.

unlock map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.