Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

«iTunes» has an invalid signature. It will not be installed.» HELP!

When trying to update iTunes from 10.6.1.7 to 10.6.3, I get the message: «iTunes» has an invalid signature. It will not be installed.

When clicking OK, a second message arrives: There was detected an error during the update. If the problem doesn't solve, select Tools > Only downloads and try to download manually.

PS! The messages are translated from Norwegian and can therefore be slighty different to the original English wording.

Any suggestions to solve this will be approved!!!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 7:36 AM

26 replies

Mar 11, 2017 6:21 AM in response to kcwong4348

If you have difficulty downloading the current iTunes installer file try; unticking the "Keep me up to date..." box, clearing your browser's cache, changing pop-up blocker settings, right-clicking or ctrl-clicking the download button, using an alternate browser, using the direct links from here, or download the installer on another computer and transfer to yours with a USB drive. Another user also mentioned pausing and resuming the download to help it complete as a possible workaround for network timeout issues. It may also help to temporarily disable AV software.

Once you've downloaded the setup file right-click on it and use the Run as administrator option.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates if you have any further trouble with the installation.

tt2

Aug 5, 2017 12:29 PM in response to fimeck

You can find the download for the latest version of iTunes at Download iTunes 12.6.2

Also for other software downloads, you can find them at Apple - Support - Downloads

For this particular issue follow If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

First steps to follow:

1. Make sure you operating as the Administrator

2. Install any Microsoft Windows updates.

3. When downloading the latest supported iTunes version for you Windows OS select "Save" instead of "Run"

4. Right click on iTunesSetup or iTunes6464Setup (the installer you downloaded in step 3)

(If you have Windows Vista or later: Choose "Run as administrator." If you have Windows XP: Choose Open.)

- If you've previously installed iTunes, the installer will prompt you to repair the software.

- After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try launching iTunes.

5. If iTunes fails to install or repair, it might be necessary to remove components left from a previous installation of iTunes and then reinstall.

When uninstalling iTunes, uninstall these files in exact order.

- iTunes

- Apple Software Update

- Apple Mobile Device Support

- Bonjour

- Apple Application Support 32-bit

- Apple Application Support 64-bit

(Deleting iTunes won’t delete your music.)

6. Disable any conflicting software, Virus protection, Anti Malware etc

7. Restart Computer

8. Attempt install again

If you see an "Windows installer package" alert message, follow If you see a 'Windows Installer package' error message when you try to reinstall or remove Apple software - Apple Suppor… to try to repair the software through the Windows Control Panel.

If the steps in these articles don't help you fix the issue, you might be able to find a solution through a search of the Microsoft support website

Nov 21, 2017 8:54 AM in response to Picklelynn

Encountered the same issue, this is what i did and it worked.

1) in I.E. go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > scroll down to Security and tick “Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid > Apply > OK

(not sure this step is necessary, but i did it anyway)

2) open iTunes > Account > Sign In (put in your apple id and password)

3) in iTunes > Help > Check for Updates (then just follow the normal procedures)

it works for me, i hope it helps you

Nov 21, 2017 8:56 AM in response to Picklelynn

Encountered the same issue, this is what i did and it worked.

1) in I.E. go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > scroll down to Security and tick “Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid > Apply > OK

(not sure this step is necessary, but i did it anyway)

2) open iTunes > Account > Sign In (put in your apple id and password)

3) in iTunes > Help > Check for Updates (then just follow the normal procedures)

it works for me, i hope it helps you

Sep 25, 2012 9:41 AM in response to mk1870

Hi mk1870,

This is the suggested solution I received from wiclee:

"Go directly to Apple link to download

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1426

Select "Save" instead of "Run". Once downloaded, right click the iTunesSetup.exe or iTunesSetup64.exe and select 'Run as Administrator' to install."

Another user told that he was not able to select "Run as Aministrator", so he just used default. And succeeded!

Cheers, fimeck

Oct 1, 2012 3:55 AM in response to mk1870

I would think the link doesn't work now as we are on version 10.7.

If you go to:

http://support.apple.com/downloads

the latest update for itunes is in the left hand column. If you follow the rest of the instructions from wiclee/fimeck it should work.

"Select "Save" instead of "Run". Once downloaded, right click the iTunesSetup.exe or iTunesSetup64.exe and select 'Run as Administrator' to install." (or use default)

«iTunes» has an invalid signature. It will not be installed.» HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.