Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download adobe flash player for ipad

How do I download adobe flash player for ipad?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:52 AM

101 replies

Jun 13, 2017 4:52 AM in response to Cool665

Third party apps are not Apple's products. I'm also not sure why you need an iTunes card to buy something that is developed, maintained and sold by a third party. They belong to the third party. Chrome browser is a Google product. And the PC version of Chrome will not run on an iPad. You should probably download the iOS version, which is free, from the App Store.

As for what third party browsers may work with Flash, you will want to do some research in the App Store and the hundreds of App Store websites that cover the millions of apps in the App Store and read up on some of their reviews. Those are much more updated than this thread that is about as old as the iPad itself.

And remember, the fact that a third party has kludged a way into their own product to view certain flash items does not make Flash compatible with iOS. Or Android, for that matter, as there is no Flash player for that OS either. Many developers use other third party tools like AIR or Swiffy which allows Flash content to be viewed in their own apps or website.

So good luck. Or just use a PC for full support of Flash Player. Which you already knew, since there has NEVER been a Flash player supported by iOS.

Jun 13, 2017 8:59 AM in response to Cool665

Cool665 wrote:

Now, all I know is that Adobe flash player IS compatible with iOS.

All I know is the earth is flat.

Those browsers do not run Flash content directly on your device. Flash content gets decoded on the server (or computer) side and streamed into your device. There is no "FlashPlayer" built into the browser. So no, FlashPlayer IS NOT compatible with iOS.

Jun 13, 2017 9:06 PM in response to Csound1

Were you really responding to johndaily, or did java mess you up by "pretending" to go to the last page, but really stayed on the 1st page, so you though johndaily just posted (instead of in 2012 when he did post)?

I have had that happen a few times in the past few weeks, and have found myself responding to posts that are years old....(eyeroll) 😮

GB

Oct 22, 2017 12:31 PM in response to PStorf

No, it will not, as this is strictly a flash based page. But I would have expected a web and multimedia company to be able to create a modern web page instead of relying on Flash. You may want to re-think the company you work for if they strictly rely on Flash for web page design.

FYI, It doesn't load on my laptop either since it blocks Flash sites due to multiple security, performance and stability issues.

Jun 25, 2012 12:11 PM in response to mogcarvalho

You don't, flash is not supported on the iPad - and as Adobe have announced that they are stopping development on all mobile versions of it, it probably never will be.

Browser apps such as Skyfire, iSwifter, Puffin and Photon 'work' on some sites, but judging by their reviews not all sites. Also some websites, especially news sites, have their own apps in the App Store.

If you do a search on this forum you will find hundreds of other threads on the subject.

Jun 25, 2012 1:57 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

Thanks for the link! I wish the article had some kind of benchmarks or at least some real-world compatibility info like the one at http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/how-you-will-want-watch-flash-only-videos-and- use-dynamic-flash-content (see the latest updates at the bottom). Unfortunately, it doesn't even mention Skyfire is no longer compatible with a lot of online videos and isn't in any way recommended when there're much better choices (iSwifter and Puffin being the two best.)

How do I download adobe flash player for ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.