Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to sync iPhone 4s to 2012 Ford F150

Hi guys. New here but having trouble. I just bought a new truck and when I try to get it to recognize my device the bluetooth "searching" or "working" wheel on my iPhone spins and then times out without the truck finding it. Not sure what to do. Would be nice to be able to actually USE the hands-free c**p I paid extra for. Thanks in advance for any help!

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:00 PM

1 reply

Jun 27, 2012 11:15 AM in response to eagle7136

Have you ever "paired" your phone to the truck? Push the phone icon on your steering wheel, if you have neer had a phone paired, after a few moments if will come back with no phone paired do you want to add one? Push the "OK" button on your touch screen nav, or on the center of the console (by the radio buttons). The voice will ask you to push the OK button again to begin pairing. Then the system will randomly generate a 6-digit PIN number. Now you can go to your phone's settings, go to general, go to bluetooth (be sure bluetooth is on), then the wheel will stop spinning after it shows a buttong entitled "Sync." Push that button and when the submenu appears, enter the 6-digit PIN. Answer the 911 Assist request with a couple of OKs, say OK twice to Set to Primaryt Phone>? and then Push OK twice for dowload phone. Let this work for a few minutes until it states phonebook downloaded. Then press and hold the phone icon for about four or five seconds to clear the phone menu. No everything is set to make and receive calls. For more info, see my blog at fordtechlane.com Let me know how it all works for you.

Trying to sync iPhone 4s to 2012 Ford F150

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.