Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot log onto safari using mac pro

When I try to open Safari on my Mac Pro I get the following message - "your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle". I the recent past I have had increasing difficulty getting on line. The modem has been changed and my provider has checked the internet and it is ok. I am able to post this message by going to my internet history. I would appreciate anyone's help.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 1:37 PM

7 replies

Jul 2, 2012 9:47 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hello Grant,

I was not able to find Safari opens with: A new window BUT because of your direction to the preferences drop down you helped me find my way. That is to say, by shear hunt and punch I was able to get back to my opening page for my emails. I copied that address into the homepage box. I then closed and reopened safari. Wala!! The computer acted normally by openning on my email.

Thanks again

Jul 31, 2012 6:46 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant,

I have been all over Apple Support, Google, & Yahoo. I must have tried 10-12 suggestions between online Apple Support & Google. Nothing changed a thing. This has been an all day process. With your "easy" and well explained suggestion, IT WORKS now. thank you thank you! This seems to be a problem not well addressed by regular support. I wish I had found this earlier in the day. The good thing about the days work, I am a little more familiar with my first Mac Book product.

Great Job If I could figure out how to give you a green check mark I would have added it.

cannot log onto safari using mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.