Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error itunes match 4001-4002-4010

Hello,

For several days to add new songs to itunes match remains in the first step of sending information to Apple and it takes several minutes. After a while I get an error 4001 or 4002 or 4010. I disabled itunes match and I set to ON but still fails (happens to me on both a PC and macbook pro)

Thanks,

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 6:16 PM

Same here exque, as of today, July 6. I have tried several times, including the often recommended technique of turning of ITM and turnring it back on. I think there must be something going on at the server level. I got 4001 several times and 4002 at least once. Very frustrating, and adding to my list of ITM annoyances. I even turned my autonrenew back on, thinking they might give priority to autorenew customers during high usage times.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2012 6:16 PM in response to exque

Same here exque, as of today, July 6. I have tried several times, including the often recommended technique of turning of ITM and turnring it back on. I think there must be something going on at the server level. I got 4001 several times and 4002 at least once. Very frustrating, and adding to my list of ITM annoyances. I even turned my autonrenew back on, thinking they might give priority to autorenew customers during high usage times.

Jul 8, 2012 12:29 PM in response to exque

I called Apple Support. They were quite helpful and directed me to fill out this ExpressLane web support request for iTunes.

https://expresslane.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.do

Select iTunes->iTunes Store

I've been receiving these errors for weeks. Did a complete harddrive format, OS X Lion reinstall, and created an empty iTunes Library (select Option->iTunes on app launch). The same 4010 error is received on Step 1 of iTunes Match, Gather information ...

Hopefully iTunes Support can fix this.

error itunes match 4001-4002-4010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.