Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send message: This message cannot be sent at this time (iCloud webmail)

I recieve emails with no issues; however, I cannot send email when I log into webmail at iCloud.com (with or without attachments). I can send email from my iPhone, iPad, and using the Mail app on my iMac, but not when logged directly into my iCloud account through Safari. What gives? 😕

Mac OS X (10.7.4), Safari Version 5.1.7 (7534.57.2)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 9:19 PM

29 replies

Jul 9, 2012 10:05 PM in response to PRJ2501

That's a huge bummer. :-/ I've spent quite a bit of time searching the web for answers, but I've not found a solve. There are a lot of other folks out there with this issue.

I'm so disappointed. I've printed business cards with my me.com email address, which makes it that much more of an inconvenience. Ugh...

Thanks for your quick response. Here's hoping it's resolved, and soon!

Jul 11, 2012 1:07 PM in response to PRJ2501

My apologies. I did read as far back as your first post, but I missed that the error message was in the subject.

Sorry for jumping in when I had no real help to offer. All I can say is that it is not a universal problem. My iCloud account can send email from icloud.com just fine (not that I use that method except to test it, preferring the Mac or iOS interface).

Before I butt out entirely, allow me to ask one more clarifying question:

Have you tried different recipients and contents in your attempts to send mail?

I ask because one possible reading of the message in the title is that there is something about this particular message that is causing the error.

(For the technically inclined, I'm thinking that some BSMTP return code returned from the recipient site could be described to the user as "this message cannot be sent at this time" if it was a return code Apple didn't feel comfortable retrying. Testing alternative recipients and contents could eliminate this possibility.)

Jul 11, 2012 5:10 PM in response to markwmsn

Don't worry about it. I guess it was sort of cryptic to put the error in the subject line, but I did that so that people searching for the exact error would be able to find this post (Apple search engine stinks 😉). In hindsight I should have repeated it in the post.

Yes I have tried what you suggested. I tried different emails, with and without attachments. I tried again with varying combinations, and still get the error. Here is a pic of the error window:

User uploaded file

Jul 11, 2012 11:40 PM in response to PRJ2501

Finally chiming in with the exact down-to-the-screenshot problem. iPad / PC iCloud Web user.

The one thing I can add: This exact thing happened to me maybe a month or two ago. It went away after a couple of hours -- I changed nothing on my end, figured it was temporary. Now it's back all the time. It's gotta be something on their end, right?

Jul 12, 2012 3:49 AM in response to themunx

I have some uppercase in the original and alias lowercase is working -- as I discussed in our parallel thread -- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4081613?answerId=18829637022#18829637022 .

Sorry we're double discussing here and there. I was going to copy and paste a duplicate response between threads but this freaking forum doesn't seem to allow copy and paste! Arg.

Just happy I found others with the problem.

Jul 16, 2012 7:49 PM in response to PRJ2501

I have same issue with mine on Icloud.com, it has been a month now, Tried creating an alias and the likes and none of it works. Was tring to find out how to delete the entire account but alas that is not an option either, and like some people in their wisdom say just create anouther account but your e-mail address is linked to it so that meens creating a new host e-mail. This is very very frustating seeing as how I switched all my mail service over to this icloud, im very dissapointed in apple I thought they would be able to create a better system then this.

Jul 16, 2012 7:57 PM in response to Tunderwood

Are you having troubles on your devices? I am not. I am only having to resort to using the Mail app on my iMac i.e. I cannot send mail when logged in through Safari. My iPhone & iPad work as normal.

My point is that the system is just fine. There is a glitch somehere relating to the webmail interface when logging in through a browser. I share your frustration, but I am not sure it is a reason to be disappointed. 🙂

Jul 17, 2012 7:15 AM in response to PRJ2501

So if there is a glitch in the webmail interface then the system is not working just fine, I can not use my mac for the mail or my I pod because my wife uses the mac and Ipod for her mail. It is very dissapointing because I have to resort to my old mail server that I switched from (Crappy MSN) to send an e-mail that I recieved on my Icloud@me account. Just saying this has made a sour taste and I wish I could find a solution other than just getting a new e-mail though a trusty mail server (ex: gmail.....), but it seems there is no solution and we will have to be patiant with apple untill they get there stuff corrected.

Cannot send message: This message cannot be sent at this time (iCloud webmail)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.