Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make pictures open in full screen view

When I am in finder and viewing pictures, they all open in an almost minimized view, I can strech or maximize it manually but not automatically. How do i set it to open in full screen every time?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2013 11:06 AM

Hello,

I think this should be the solution:

In the folder where you have your photos in Finder click "Cmd-A" (To select all) then click "Space-bar" and your will now be able to cycle through all of the photos in that folder as normally with your arrow keys.

AND, if you want to acces full screen mode directly as you cycle through all of your photos in Finder. Then after having selected all photos by "Cmd-A", click "Alt + Space-bar" at the same time and a full screen mode where you can cycle though all of your photos appears.

Hope it helps. Anyhow, I also hate the way Apple think that Finder should work. I payed 3k for this...

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2013 11:06 AM in response to milew66

Hello,

I think this should be the solution:

In the folder where you have your photos in Finder click "Cmd-A" (To select all) then click "Space-bar" and your will now be able to cycle through all of the photos in that folder as normally with your arrow keys.

AND, if you want to acces full screen mode directly as you cycle through all of your photos in Finder. Then after having selected all photos by "Cmd-A", click "Alt + Space-bar" at the same time and a full screen mode where you can cycle though all of your photos appears.

Hope it helps. Anyhow, I also hate the way Apple think that Finder should work. I payed 3k for this...

Apr 11, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Klaus1

I appreciate your response but that helps me in no way, shape, or form. I am using iphoto. I have to maximize every photo and it is irritating the **** out of me. It is little things like this that really make me question he product, considering that amount of money I spent on it. Esspecially when Macs are known for photo editing abilities.

Jul 13, 2012 5:30 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Are you kidding me? There is no way to open pictures in full screen. So, I have to open, go into preview, click View, then Enter Full Screen on EVERY PICTURE?

What is going on? This makes no sense? OR are you saying there is a way to open them into full screen with a double click within preview? Please tell me the first thing I said is not correct. PLEASE. Not sure how much more irritating some of this little stuff can be.

Thanks for the response

Jul 18, 2012 7:43 AM in response to RRFS

It's in Finder, I have a folder with pictures that I was going picture to picture, and really didn't look but also noticed I couldn't find a "next" button to easily skip to the next picture. Will they open in Iphoto? How would I open that folder in Iphoto, and would it open them in full screen mode?

Thanks

Nov 2, 2012 11:41 AM in response to milew66

So, will they open in full view in Iphoto? I feel like once I bring up little things that obviously should be able to accomplish with ANY computer, and people realize their beloved Mac doesn't, the help stops and questions do not really get answered. Mine as well pay 20$ to have someone give me an answer of the phone right!

Apr 11, 2013 9:50 AM in response to milew66

Hello, I am bumping this since I still haven't got a concrete answer.

Is there ANY way that when I make the picture full screen, and hit next, that it will open the photo in full screen every time I click next? This is really frustrating that this, as far as I can tell, is not an option. Makes zero sense. If I am going through thousands of pictures, and I have to maximize each one manually, that is a HUGE pain in the arse.

Apr 11, 2013 3:12 PM in response to milew66

I have to maximize every photo and it is irritating the **** out of me. It is little things like this that really make me question he product, considering that amount of money I spent on it.

It also depends on the actual resolution (pixel size) of your photos. Unless they are at least 2560 x 1440 (the resolution on a 27" screen), they should open in their actual size (at least that is what I have all my photo applications set at). Unlike Windows (which offers an oversimplified one-size-fits-all option), Macs are also known to be able to have several windows open at the same time (aka "multitasking"). Personally, I have a 27" screen so I can have more than one window open - rarely do I need to look at a photo in a blown up size unless I am editing/digitally enhancing it.

How to make pictures open in full screen view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.