Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone music: progress bar, shuffle options GONE

After the latest update, when I am playing "music" (previously known as the "iPod" function of the iPhone), there are no longer the progress bar of the actual title and the shuffle options available! When I tap on the actual song ("now playing"), it shows only the cover and the volume bar below, but not the progress bar above the cover! And the worst: It is stuck on "shuffle" - I can't hear my music and albums in order, because everything automaically shuffles.

I tried already a restart and a reset of the iPhone ... no result.

ok - found the solution:

DaVBMan

It isn't a bug, but rather not clear usability. If you ever click the "word" Shuffle when looknig at a list, that isn't really the place to set shuffle, but rather a shortcut. What it does is turn Shuffle on (setting) then start playing.

Go play any song.
Tap middle of screen.
Another progress menu will appear near top.
In that menu it has Shuffle, Repeat and Progress options.
There if Shuffle is Blue (on) tap it to turn it White (off).

And remember, if you ever click the word Shuffle in a list again, it turns that setting on as it is a global setting to the iPod player.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 6:33 AM

4 replies

Dec 7, 2017 2:12 AM in response to EpiKathy

Hi,

If you are on iOS 11, after you play the song in Music, click the name of the song displayed at the bottom. It will pull up a drawer with the song details and the controls for the music. You will find the Shuffle, Repeat and Progress indicators here.

Noah posted his issue in November 2012 with a device which had iOS 5 or 6.

iphone music: progress bar, shuffle options GONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.